TV Home Forum

Davina and Rylan to front Big Brother show for E4

"Best Shows" to air this year marking 20 years of BB (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Rosebud never seems to get mentioned these days either.
CA
Cando
If any presenters have been airbrushed out of history by these shows it's Russell Brand and George Lamb.

Surely the most airbrushed out of history is the woman who presented BBLB with George Lamb for about a week before getting sacked.

Zezi Ifore! I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the exec producers had spotted her at a party and offered her the job on the spot! I'd love to know the full story behind her getting hired. From what I can see she had literally no presenting experience (and you could tell) so it's just bizarre that they'd take a punt on her for what was still a fairly important E4 show.

Even more forgotten is that Natalie Casey of Two Pints of Lager was a co-host for the very first week on the first BBLB during BB2 (according to Wiki). I assume she wasn't very good and was dropped?

They said at the time Natalie was only co hosting for the first week. Then each evicted housemate would take over as co host for a week, which did happen. Natalie had a lot of live daily presenting experience from MTV.
BR
Brekkie
I think Zezi had presented on E4 Music. She wasn't dropped completely though and continued doing reports with the evictees and I think featured on the Sunday shows too. Wonder if Emma auditioned for the BBLB role then.
DM
DeMarkay
I work closely with Zezi now! She is one of the people that created the Multitrack Audio Fellowship. https://multitrackfellowship.com/

She also runs her own communication agency called ‘ZIP London’.
FL
Flux
Cando posted:
Surely the most airbrushed out of history is the woman who presented BBLB with George Lamb for about a week before getting sacked.

Zezi Ifore! I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the exec producers had spotted her at a party and offered her the job on the spot! I'd love to know the full story behind her getting hired. From what I can see she had literally no presenting experience (and you could tell) so it's just bizarre that they'd take a punt on her for what was still a fairly important E4 show.

Even more forgotten is that Natalie Casey of Two Pints of Lager was a co-host for the very first week on the first BBLB during BB2 (according to Wiki). I assume she wasn't very good and was dropped?

They said at the time Natalie was only co hosting for the first week. Then each evicted housemate would take over as co host for a week, which did happen. Natalie had a lot of live daily presenting experience from MTV.

Natalie Casey hosted for two weeks actually (there were two weeks before any evictions back then). As you say, they explained that each evicted housemate would be co hosting for the rest of the run. They did try this with Penny (who was first out), but she proved so terrible at the gig that the “co host” angle was pretty swiftly dropped so the evicted housemate was just a daily guest on the show by the time Allison Hammond was evicted.

Talking of forgotten BB hosts, didn’t Alice Levine take over the Sunday edition of BBBOTS for a while? She would probably be a good replacement for Emma on the main show if it did come back (although at the moment it looks likely Davina might want to return)
PF
PFML84
I can kind of understand Brian’s frustrations. I mean they referenced the Channel 5 series a few times and in all honesty, if the show is about the Channel 4 era only, why is Rylan even presenting the show (and at times it seems like it’s his show with Davina as his guest)? He had absolutely nothing to do with the Channel 4 era.
JA
james-2001
Flux posted:

Natalie Casey hosted for two weeks actually (there were two weeks before any evictions back then). As you say, they explained that each evicted housemate would be co hosting for the rest of the run. They did try this with Penny (who was first out), but she proved so terrible at the gig that the “co host” angle was pretty swiftly dropped so the evicted housemate was just a daily guest on the show by the time Allison Hammond was evicted.

Alison Hammond? She was BB3, not BB2.
FL
Flux
Flux posted:

Alison Hammond? She was BB3, not BB2.

My mistake! I meant by the time Stuart was evicted. And I call myself a BB fan...
VM
VMPhil
Zezi also had the dubious honour of being one of the few people (the only?) to be spotted/heard by the housemates whilst in the camera run, live on BBLB to boot.

There's a site where you can watch all the early series of BB including spin-offs like Little Brother and Big Mouth, not sure I should link to it directly but it's interesting to watch some of those old shows again.
BR
Brekkie
BBLB was quite different in it's early days and much better IMO in it's simpler form. It kind of lost it around BB7/8 when it became more about celebrity guests than it did going behind the scenes or talking to the housemates friends and family, and I think towards the end you rarely saw the evictee beyond the Sunday show too.

I never really bothered with Big Mouth - would watch it occassionally but not as religiously as BBLB. Although moving it post show made sense on the whole I did find it annoying they screened it on eviction night as I did feel the main show should have been the climax of the week and generally speaking it was far more interesting watching how the housemates were actually reacting on the live feed than Big Mouth speculating about how they might be reacting.
JC
JCB
Strictly's 'It Takes Two' seems to be the last of those spin off shows standing and I can't help but think that's because it's the only one that stuck to it's original 'behind the scenes' premise and didn't make a self indulgent attempt at becoming an entertainment show in it's own right like 'More Talent' 'BBLB' 'Extra Camp' etc did.
Brekkie and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
Jon
Although the Big Brother spin off programme did survive albeit with BBLB merged into the Big Mouth format, until the end of the main shows run.

Newer posts