TV Home Forum

BBC Three New Logo

(January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
I think there's probably a mental health issue there, but I'm not about to ask them about it! Just avoid them.
FL
flipps
This is a discussion on BBC Three not Logopedia even thought I said that someone on Logopedia edited the BBC Three page.

24 days later

FC
FrancesC
When does BBC One show the BBC Three DOG during BBC Three shows?

Outside the 2245 slot, Stacey Dooley: Lockdown Heros had the DOG but Normal People didn’t, both were introduced with the Three Time ident.

Make Me Famous, aired on Thursday night, did not used the DOG either.
AS
Ash101
Isn’t the DOG only used on HD? (Or just SD, can’t remember!)
JA
james-2001
I think it appears on one or the other, but never both.
ME
mediachris
BBC Three on One's ' DOG' is strangely only ever used on BBC One HD (at least on Sky anyway)
FC
FrancesC
The tricon logo is also tweaked…

Before:
After:

When will BBC One’s Three Time ident change to the new logo?
paul_hadley and bitxoin gave kudos
NA
natwel27
If we are to expect a return to Linear TV for BBC Three (supposedly) at some point, I'm not sure as to whether the BBC will see any need to commission an altered version of the Three Time ident for BBC One.
JA
JAS84
Doesn't the ident lack any BBC One branding anyway? Which means they could keep it when they bring back the linear channel?
FC
FrancesC
If we are to expect a return to Linear TV for BBC Three (supposedly) at some point, I'm not sure as to whether the BBC will see any need to commission an altered version of the Three Time ident for BBC One.

Not only on the BBC One ident, but BBC Three’s website and social media accounts are still using the old tricon.
Actually the new one is not being used after 3 months. It only appears in the animation between the tricon and new word marque. I don’t know whether the social media team knows there’s a new tricon.

BR
Brekkie
The only consistent thing you can expect from any BBC branding is it's inconsistency.
Rexogamer, paul_hadley and Brynt gave kudos
JF
JetixFann450
Oh that's funny. "Not even a real channel" on their Twitter page. As if being self-aware will bring more relevance to their dying brand like "HEY GUYS REMEMBER US WE'RE NOT DEAD PLEASE COME BACK!
paul_hadley and Anglialad gave kudos

Newer posts