The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LE
lesmauresfr
AlexS posted:
Anyone know why Reeta is on NC tonight?

Because she is paid to be so presumably.
Not as though there's much to do on a Saturday evening at the minute.

Yes I thought so. She’s very versatile; she seems to be good at everything. Great presenter.
Also, Lewis Vaughan Jones on NC from 9pm I gather.
CM
cmthwtv
Reeta is currently one of the very few working more than three days. The fact that she is able to do a prime time news channel shift on Wednesday and Thursday, the 6 and 10 on Friday and another news channel evening shift on Saturday just shows how good she is to be able to adapt. I never got/get the hate for her that I sometimes read here, she isn't my favourite presenter but she adapts very well to what she presents. What hasn't she done?
RN
Rolling News
Reeta is currently one of the very few working more than three days. The fact that she is able to do a prime time news channel shift on Wednesday and Thursday, the 6 and 10 on Friday and another news channel evening shift on Saturday just shows how good she is to be able to adapt. I never got/get the hate for her that I sometimes read here, she isn't my favourite presenter but she adapts very well to what she presents. What hasn't she done?

As far as I know she's presented every strand on the News Channel (she's even done the Victoria Derbyshire show before) and every bulletin on BBC One. The only thing she hasn't done is Breakfast.
AS
AlexS

As far as I know she's presented every strand on the News Channel (she's even done the Victoria Derbyshire show before) and every bulletin on BBC One. The only thing she hasn't done is Breakfast.

Don't think she's done OS, B100D, Newsnight, Dateline or anything on World so not quite just breakfast.
RN
Rolling News
AlexS posted:

Don't think she's done OS, B100D, Newsnight, Dateline or anything on World so not quite just breakfast.

OS and B100D are World strands simulcast on the News Channel which is why I didn't include them as I know she hasn't presented on World apart from domestic simulcasts. Dateline I never thought of but then I think of that in the same vein as shows like The Film Review which I don't think she has ever done.
LE
lesmauresfr
Anyone else think you can have "too much" of Tim Willcox in one day 😬.
CM
cmthwtv
Anyone else think you can have "too much" of Tim Willcox in one day 😬.

Today’s highlights were the camera error and him getting caught playing with his hair at the BOTH opening.

I can’t take more than an hour at a time of the NC at the weekend anyway.
LE
lesmauresfr
And on a totally unrelated note, could someone tell me the last time Kate Silverton presented something not on a Saturday and not the 1 last year. Thanks.
JF
JF World News
And on a totally unrelated note, could someone tell me the last time Kate Silverton presented something not on a Saturday and not the 1 last year. Thanks.

Radio 4 Saturday Live
AS
AlexS

Radio 4 Saturday Live

Is the correct answer if we're including radio. TV wise the only other thing she has done since her most recent maternity leave is the BBC One bulletins on good Friday one year (I would guess 2018).
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I never got/get the hate for her that I sometimes read here, she isn't my favourite presenter but she adapts very well to what she presents. What hasn't she done?

Hate is a bit strong, but I think there were some fair criticisms of her delivery and style when she started presenting, that she has either improved or we have got used to.
HB
HarryB
I know it is bad to post this here, I really recognise this presenter but not from Look East Cambridge. Can anyone name this lady and what program it is I recognise her from?

From this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzrVfeTYKs about 10:10 in

Newer posts