TV Home Forum

RTE Does Comic Relief

Friday 8pm (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Not sure they've done this before but RTE have their own version of Comic Relief on Friday.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0618/1148237-rte-does-comic-relief-everything-you-need-to-know/

Features Dara O'Brian, Aisling Bee, Jason Byrne, Chris O'Dowd, Derry Girls, Zig and Zag and special episodes of Normal People.
bkman1990, natwel27 and AJB39 gave kudos
FJ
FelixJBAuk
Shame there's no football on... and I'm not in Ireland.
PF
PFML84
Honestly, when I saw the trailer for this I thought it was just RTÉ showing some complications of the BBC Comic Relief and US Comic Relief as cheap filler, I didn't think they'd actually be running their own telethon.

Will be interesting to see how they stage and broadcast it. I wonder if they have their own films to tug on the heart strings in between comedy sketches.
CA
Cando
Not sure they've done this before but RTE have their own version of Comic Relief on Friday.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0618/1148237-rte-does-comic-relief-everything-you-need-to-know/

Features Dara O'Brian, Aisling Bee, Jason Byrne, Chris O'Dowd, Derry Girls, Zig and Zag and special episodes of Normal People.

A few years ago Deirdre Kane the comedian who is producing it did it as a non televised "Comic Relief" branded stand up arena show.
I think this year's was cancelled so they've turned it into a tv telethon.
DJ
DJGM
Is there any way to watch this in the UK without having to p*ss about with VPNs or dodgy unauthorised streaming sites ... ?
JO
Jon
I imagine it won’t be geoblocked on RTÉ Player.
DJ
DJGM
Jon posted:

I'll try it tomorrow if the mobile broadband thing I'm having to temporarily use (long story ... house move and all that) doesn't keep crapping out on me! Oh. the joys of moving home and transferring your broadband account from one address to another!
BK
bkman1990
There are separate individual promos showing Pat Shortt & Paul Mescal being shown on RTÉ One this week.

There will be 5 presenters of RTÉ Does Comic Relief later this Friday night.

It consists of Deirdre O'Kane, Nicky Byrne, Jennifer Zemparelli, Eoghan McDermott & Baz Ashmawy.
RD
rdd Founding member
Interestingly there is now the possibility that a very major piece of political news (the outcome of the Green vote on coalition) will break around 8pm tonight - I wonder if it might have any knock on effect on Comic Relief? They may just elect to hold it for the Nine of course, for which there will be a scheduled break.
AJ
AJB39
Jon posted:

It has been confirmed that it will be available on the RTÉ Player right around the world.
AJ
AJB39
AJB39 posted:
Jon posted:

It has been confirmed that it will be available on the RTÉ Player right around the world.

Correction: It actually won’t be available in North America due to rights restrictions apparently.
BK
bkman1990
Deirdre O'Kane just gatecrashed Siobhan Ryan's weather forecast after this evening's Six-One news.

EDIT: And to show you that I wasn't lying. Here she is.

Last edited by bkman1990 on 26 June 2020 7:19pm

Newer posts