The Newsroom

News Coverage of Glasgow Incident

26th June 2020 (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
BBC Scotland simulcasting the news channel just highlights how unnecessary BBC Scotland is.
IS
Inspector Sands
BBC Scotland simulcasting the news channel just highlights how unnecessary BBC Scotland is.

In what way? It's not as if it's meant to be on air at the moment anyway. It's the same as what BBC One or Two would do, and that can be pretty pointless to do
Jeffmister and BBI45 gave kudos
:-(
A former member

This is a television presentation forum which may contain references to times, posts about simulcasts, who is presenting and how each channel is covering it. Quite odd to single out a factual correction.

I am very well aware of the point of the forum; I think that my issue was more related to the manner of ‘presentation’ of your post, with the ‘grinning’ face at the end of it. By all means make factual corrections, but please ensure that they are serious, especially when people have died.
MI
TheMike

In what way? It's not as if it's meant to be on air at the moment anyway. It's the same as what BBC One or Two would do, and that can be pretty pointless to do

I think if this incident was occuring in England, BBC One would be simulcasting the News Channel by now, and the nations would have to go along with it.
GM
Gary McEwan
I stay relatively close to where the incident happened. Now it's not rare to hear sirens from the emergency services, but the amount the sirens and vehicles that flew past was my house certainly seemed odd at the time.
AS
AlexS

I think if this incident was occuring in England, BBC One would be simulcasting the News Channel by now, and the nations would have to go along with it.

Unfortunately these type of things have happened so often over the past few years that they are no longer considered major breaking news worthy of BBC One coverage.
MI
TheMike

This is a television presentation forum which may contain references to times, posts about simulcasts, who is presenting and how each channel is covering it. Quite odd to single out a factual correction.

I am very well aware of the point of the forum; I think that my issue was more related to the manner of ‘presentation’ of your post, with the ‘grinning’ face at the end of it. By all means make factual corrections, but please ensure that they are serious, especially when people have died.

In the absence of facial expressions, it's the difference between a post coming across as being short, abrupt or blunt or a friendly prompt. Using your argument most of these breaking news threads are in poor taste.
MI
TheMike
AlexS posted:

Unfortunately these type of things have happened so often over the past few years that they are no longer considered major breaking news worthy of BBC One coverage.

Sadly, true. Although I think if it was in Central London it would still prompt a simulcast in daytime - it seems the BBC One and Two schedules are easily dispensible if needed for that purpose.
GM
GMc
I stay relatively close to where the incident happened. Now it's not rare to hear sirens from the emergency services, but the amount the sirens and vehicles that flew past was my house certainly seemed odd at the time.

I walked past the Park Inn just a couple of hours before all this happened. Awful news.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Sally Magnusson visible in the background from Sky News’ position, preparing to go live by the looks of it.
FC
FrancesC
BBC Scotland left the News Channel at 1747.
FC
FrancesC
NC joins World at 1800. Will Reporting Scotland be at 1830?

Newer posts