TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2021 - Netherlands - NPO/AVROTROS/NOS

Ahoy Arena - Rotterdam - 18/20/22 May 2021 (May 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
It looks terrible.
bilky asko and valley gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
Totally Bonkers storyline, with procedural errors, what's with the voting in the SEMI final etc, but as escapist Eurovision nonsense it filled Friday afternoon well. Considering the hoohaa it's worth a couple of hours of any Eurovision fan's time.
JO
Josh
Not too keen on the film. Lots of continuity errors throughout the film which make no sense, for example (spoilers):
The contest is held in Edinburgh, except it's actually held in Israel and hosted by two non-British people. Netta, John Lundvik and Bilal all appear for a songalong yet most of them are replaced by another artist and ignored after this interlude, supposing the film is set in 2019. Does this mean that the film is set in some sort of alternate universe?

I think I got my hopes a bit too high for this film.
JA
james-2001
Will Ferrell must be desperate for money. Have the royalties from Elf dried up? Razz
TVMan, Brekkie and Ghost gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard
Will Ferrell must be desperate for money. Have the royalties from Elf dried up? Razz

He's actually a massive Eurovision fan.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Eurovision Again...

The last weekly show tonight. However they've announced today that there'll be a contest each month on the third Saturday until November at least.
BH
BillyH Founding member
On Twitter and the main site is the good news that most of the 2006 final in Athens has been found in HD, which it wasn’t broadcast in at the time - the tapes were discovered in the vaults of Greek broadcaster ERT, recorded internally for test purposes as has been mentioned here before. They’ve announced the contest will be reuploaded to YouTube in higher quality sometime in the future.

Lordi in HD must be a sight to behold!
DV
DVB Cornwall
The last weekly Eurovision Again is 2014, Conchita time..

Meanwhile there's a competition to win tickets for 2021 running on Twitter in synch with the rerun.
:-(
A former member
It looks terrible.

I was wrong. It was brilliant.
AA
aaron_scotland
I watched this last night and It really is quite entertaining, Lots of Eurovision faces in it and the music isn't that bad either! If you like Eurovision you'll like the movie.
DV
DVB Cornwall
from Dadi on Twitter tonight.....

Brekkie, UKnews and valley gave kudos
DI
digipal
I really enjoyed it, yes full of errors a Euro fan would notice however still fun. The music was great and I just love the song Husavik: it probably would have a chance of winning the real thing. Albums currently third on the iTunes chart!!!

Newer posts