TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LN
LondonNewsBites
Nobody got told about this...

New Demon Headmaster (reboot) series currently showing on CBBC.

It’s a repeat, originally shown last Autumn.

Didnt notice, sorry
TV
iloveTV1
On that note, was a second series ever confirmed? I think they’d be nuts not to do one, but were the viewing figures good for it? I will have to check soon.

It did feel a bit grim for CBBC though. I wonder if it being an iPlayer exclusive would be better, or airing it at 8pm or something.

I reckon the earliest we will get a second series is January 2021 now.
JO
Josh
What programme are we referring to?
BA
bilky asko
Josh posted:
What programme are we referring to?

The Demon Headmaster.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
On that note, was a second series ever confirmed? I think they’d be nuts not to do one, but were the viewing figures good for it? I will have to check soon.

It did feel a bit grim for CBBC though. I wonder if it being an iPlayer exclusive would be better, or airing it at 8pm or something.

Talking of Demon Headmaster, I notice the header text on the programme page has changed to "Classic The Demon Headmaster" for the original 90s series:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0084rrc/episodes/guide

Also the first series was on iPlayer I believe, but it has now expired or been removed or whatever.

With regards to the reboot, somebody's added to Wiki that the 2019 reboot has had a second series commissioned, though of course as things stand it probably won't appear this calendar year, assuming that addition is true as I can't find a more reliable source for it than some anonymous user editing Wikipedia.

Regarding grimness, I don't think it was that grim. Maybe in comparison to everything else on the channel yes, but that's part of the nature of the series. The entire saga dating back to the first book is effectively a wannabe world dominator with hypnosis powers in pursuit of a world under his organised rule after all.
TV
iloveTV1

Talking of Demon Headmaster, I notice the header text on the programme page has changed to "Classic The Demon Headmaster" for the original 90s series:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0084rrc/episodes/guide

Also the first series was on iPlayer I believe, but it has now expired or been removed or whatever.

With regards to the reboot, somebody's added to Wiki that the 2019 reboot has had a second series commissioned, though of course as things stand it probably won't appear this calendar year, assuming that addition is true as I can't find a more reliable source for it than some anonymous user editing Wikipedia.

Regarding grimness, I don't think it was that grim. Maybe in comparison to everything else on the channel yes, but that's part of the nature of the series. The entire saga dating back to the first book is effectively a wannabe world dominator with hypnosis powers in pursuit of a world under his organised rule after all.

I feel like Emma Reeves would’ve tweeted if a second series was commissioned, because I think the BBC were decided late last year, going by tweets from them.

The Demon Headmaster was an excellent series, both new and old, but I don’t think it fits into CBBC very well. I think they may agree with this, considering the show didn’t even get a show page on the website.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

The Demon Headmaster was an excellent series, both new and old, but I don’t think it fits into CBBC very well. I think they may agree with this, considering the show didn’t even get a show page on the website.

The presence (or lack of) of a show page doesn't mean anything.
And it does have a webpage, albeit just the generic one that everything gets:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009f6n

Anyway considering they've put His Dark Materials onto the CBBC Shows page, considering that's far darker (and I dare say more "grown up") than any incarnation of Demon Headmaster from any of the adaptations to date, I wouldn't say the Show page is completely authoritative of the output of the channel.
TV
iloveTV1

The presence (or lack of) of a show page doesn't mean anything.
And it does have a webpage, albeit just the generic one that everything gets:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009f6n

Anyway considering they've put His Dark Materials onto the CBBC Shows page, considering that's far darker (and I dare say more "grown up") than any incarnation of Demon Headmaster from any of the adaptations to date, I wouldn't say the Show page is completely authoritative of the output of the channel.

Generally, the shows on the ‘show’ page are the ones that have a web presence. There are some shows that have show pages, but that aren’t on the main ‘show’ page. They don’t get online content, and is used for new shows, like 4 O’Clock Club, and The Demon Headmaster.
HD
HybridDaDink
I think if there is a series 2, they should move it or simulcast it to BBC One, so they can get away with a little more things Wink
Also, I've only just noticed 'Athur' is not on the CBBC shows page. Copyright issues, probably.
TV
iloveTV1
I think if there is a series 2, they should move it or simulcast it to BBC One, so they can get away with a little more things Wink
Also, I've only just noticed 'Athur' is not on the CBBC shows page. Copyright issues, probably.

There is one, but you have to click on ‘Arthur’ in the schedules page, and there is only one thing on it’s show page.
HD
HybridDaDink

There is one, but you have to click on ‘Arthur’ in the schedules page, and there is only one thing on it’s show page.

OK, thanks.
TV
iloveTV1
The LGBTQ storyline from Jamie Johnson has been getting media attention, on BBC Breakfast yesterday, and one of the top stories on the BBC Homepage today.

I don’t know if there is a reason, but in CBBC HQ when they talk about the storyline I have noticed that they are avoiding actually saying ‘gay’.

Newer posts