The Gallery

BBC News 24 1999

The nostalgia really has been flowing recently! (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator
Following on from my generic titles, and mdta's wonderful countdown I've started trying to recreate, again in 4k, the BBC News 24 titles and just like JM-D with this lovely world titles form up, I've started at the back and made the final shot and hold first.

And here's the final version, you can see how the colour, text softness and lots of other subtle detail really brings it togeather:

Here's a red and white version for no reason other than I could, this makes quite a nice desktop background too:

Last edited by Bail on 31 January 2021 1:02am - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
This looks amazing! The red version reminds me of the alternate News 24 ident from that time.
GH
Ghost
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
BS
BiggieSMLZ
I have to say, this is basically flawless. Thumbs up Very well done, man.
JM
JM-D
It's looking fantastic Bail, thanks for the shout out! 😄

It does seem counterintuitive at first starting from the back, but as everything is kind of brought together on the final form-up it's a good approach for getting all the base elements made in one place. Can't wait to see it finished.
GR
GameRoof
Great job, although I'd note the shape of the "plate" doesn't quite match the original just yet, the edges aren't quite the same, and the 24 is rotated a tad too much. It's just me being unreasonably nitpicky though, great work! The movement of the plate is also a tiny bit rigid (?) at the moment. *
BB
BBC WORLD 24
Amazing - as always. Look forward to seeing the full finished product!
DE
deryn
loving it
AL
AaronLancs
Can I just say seeing these stuffs of BBC News c. 2000 is the reason I love this stuff and also seeing this is making me hanker for those days, brilliant.
DE
deryn
How About redoing the nations news ie wales today, newsline & reporting scotland
VM
VMPhil
It's interesting looking at the scrambing letters in the background, the letters move by one to the left (so BBC NEWS 24 becomes BCN EWS2 4B and so on) but at the speed they're changing it looks like they're changing to completely random letters, presumably because the spaces remain in the same place.
Last edited by VMPhil on 24 June 2020 1:52pm
RO
rob Founding member
deryn posted:
How About redoing the nations news ie wales today, newsline & reporting scotland

How about using the word "please"?

Newer posts