TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

CH
chris Granada North West Today
I guess it's because I think a lot of people would read that post and automatically think that GMB is beating Breakfast and that the most successful 0600-0900 show was GMB (after all it was 'ITV's highest rated show' according to Piers, I think most people would assume reading that it had beaten Breakfast if it was ITV's highest rated show that day. They could easily assume it had beaten EastEnders too...).

You have less faith in the intelligence of the British public than me.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of misleading your audience, on-screen or off.

Erm, nor am I...
NE
Newsroom
Can't help but think Dan only got the job because of the Salford situation. Shame it didn't happen a decade earlier as Gordon Burns may had a shot at it then - though then again everyone outside the North West might be wondering why a former gameshow host is now fronting the news.

Agreed, have always thought this and although likeable, shouldn’t be given the big interviews to handle. Hancock should have gone to Naga.
Last edited by Newsroom on 18 June 2020 9:18am
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Happy Birthday to Dr Hilary but shocked to hear how old he is!
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
JO
Josh
Worth pointing out a guest on GMB this morning said a racial slur twice. The episode isn't on the ITV Hub as of yet.
Fan of the media industry, from the UK.
GM
Gary McEwan STV Central Reporting Scotland
Josh posted:
Worth pointing out a guest on GMB this morning said a racial slur twice. The episode isn't on the ITV Hub as of yet.

Rightly or wrongly, Dr Shola was explaining if said word was said by a white person it would be deemed racist.
CU
Cusack Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Piers and Susanna had an argument this morning over whether they should read out a government statement on the student nurses situation. Piers saying that if they have something to say they should come on the show, but Susanna continued to read it out while Piers continued complaining about the government GMB boycott and then sticking fingers in his ears saying 'not listening'.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
It was awful television, I had to turn it off.
CU
Custard56 (previously Jay Lee) London
BBC Breakfast close to being beaten yesterday according to Piers Morgan
ET
ethanh05 Wales Wales Today
BBC Breakfast close to being beaten yesterday according to Piers Morgan

A very reliable source.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Oh boy… I’d like a ban on talking about Piers Morgan’s ratings tweets. It always ends up with the same conversation going over the same arguments again and again.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Oh boy… I’d like a ban on talking about Piers Morgan’s ratings tweets. It always ends up with the same conversation going over the same arguments again and again.

I think I'm inclined to agree with you VMPhil. Piers Morgan is well known to be highly selective and misleading with his tweets relating to ratings, which is perhaps a skill that comes from his days as a tabloid editor (and arguably a required skill if he ever wanted to become a poliitcian).

Therefore to save this thread from getting stuck in a white hole I'd strongly discourage discussion relating to Piers's ratings tweets. If you must discuss ratings statistics please use data that come from Barb, which tend to provide better context and is usually less misleading.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
DW
DavidWhitfield Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Piers continued complaining about the government GMB boycott and then sticking fingers in his ears saying 'not listening'.

Embarassed
Piers' strop about this 'boycott' is cringe-worthy.
He's like a child whose mother has just told him he's not allowed the sweets he wants.
Getting more pathetic and childish by the day.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 23 June 2020 10:50am
Guess who's big in the back time!
jason2016 and JamesTV gave kudos

Newer posts