Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I have just noticed that the pagination for the search page isn't working. It adds "/page-3" (for example) to the end of the URL, instead of "&page=3" (which does work).
JA
Jamesypoo Anglia (East) Look East
Similarly, the pagination when viewing a user's mock gallery doesn't work either. Clicking onto any page takes you to that page in the main gallery.
AS
Asa Admin Meridian (South East) South East Today
Those pagination fixes have been done too, thanks for flagging.

Perhaps the spacing of the sections below can be corrected so the 4 information boxes are the same height? That might also correct the page numbers box being too big for the box they are in, or perhaps that's a different setting?

Are you on a Mac by chance? Looks like the default font used is a bit wider than the one on Windows so that's why things are wrapping. I've adjusted the page number size slightly.

As to the announcement topics - I'm going to move the fonts/library music into the new topic message box as it's only applicable when someone is requesting rather than browsing. And consolidate the consideration/rota topics into one. That should minimise the top part a bit.

Ittr posted:
I've noticed when you rate a mock that it's now the other way around with Outstanding at the top and Awful at the bottom. To accommodate muscle memory could this specific change in positioning be reversed or have an option added to do such?

No. Just watch where you click! Smile

I can only imagine some new users are less patient with this feature.

Possibly, although I think you're the first person to mention it. Already 36 posts in 4 days isn't bad going to be honest. I have adjusted it but want to balance quality vs quantity, particularly in the early days for new members.
Lester and bilky asko gave kudos
CO
cobbles Recently warned Granada North West Today
Asa posted:
Those pagination fixes have been done too, thanks for flagging.

Perhaps the spacing of the sections below can be corrected so the 4 information boxes are the same height? That might also correct the page numbers box being too big for the box they are in, or perhaps that's a different setting?

Are you on a Mac by chance? Looks like the default font used is a bit wider than the one on Windows so that's why things are wrapping. I've adjusted the page number size slightly.

As to the announcement topics - I'm going to move the fonts/library music into the new topic message box as it's only applicable when someone is requesting rather than browsing. And consolidate the consideration/rota topics into one. That should minimise the top part a bit.

Ittr posted:
I've noticed when you rate a mock that it's now the other way around with Outstanding at the top and Awful at the bottom. To accommodate muscle memory could this specific change in positioning be reversed or have an option added to do such?

No. Just watch where you click! Smile

I can only imagine some new users are less patient with this feature.

Possibly, although I think you're the first person to mention it. Already 36 posts in 4 days isn't bad going to be honest. I have adjusted it but want to balance quality vs quantity, particularly in the early days for new members.

Cheers - I totally understand why it's there - I hope you wouldn't consider my posts to be spam (I might have to start re-reading them to be sure after that comment Very Happy ) Maybe I'm just a bit too eager to type my thoughts....
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Quality not quantity.
PF
PFMC84 UTV Newsline
Quote:

Yes, iMac user here. The numbers now look better when they run into the hundreds or thousands.

What I had flagged about the "Presenter & Rota Discussion" box was the spacing for the text seemed to not be enough to accommodate a post count over 9999 which made it go onto another line. It would probably look fine as is if the border for the post count was extended to the left slightly, but if you're moving the whole thing then it might not matter? Laughing
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
One minor thing - the underlined headings in the sidebar on the right hand side look like they should be clickable links. Particularly for the Twitter bit where you might expect it to be a link to the full Twitter profile, which doesn't seem to be an option now.
Write that down in your copybook now.
WH
whoiam989 World News
On Android, whenever I try to log in, the very first letter in any username gets capitalised. Couldn't it be fixed?
AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today
I doubt it. That is to do with automatic capitalisation settings on Android and happens on most sites.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
The only feature I miss from the previous design is when you could hover over a username and see at a glance how many posts someone had made and how long they'd been a member. I appreciate that's not something that was usable on mobile but I do miss it on the desktop.
WH
whoiam989 World News
AlexS posted:
I doubt it. That is to do with automatic capitalisation settings on Android and happens on most sites.

It wasn't like that before the revamp.
GH
Ghost Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
The updated websites section’s saying that there was an update yesterday on The Ident Gallery to the GOLD: 2014 Idents section, but I’ve had a look and there hasn’t been an update.
Can I have your attention please?

Newer posts