The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today
2"]The BBC does work in odd ways sometimes. This has been the line up tonight:

1900-2100: Shaun Ley (News Channel, E) / presumably Maryam Moshiri (World, C)
2100-2200: Maryam Moshiri (simulcast, E) / Shaun Ley ?
2200-2230: Mishal Husain (Ten in E, not sure if simulcast)
2230-2300: Shaun Ley (News Channel E, not sure if simulcast)
2300-0000: Shaun Ley (simulcast, E) / Maryam Moshiri ?
0000-present: Maryam Moshiri (simulcast, C) / Shaun Ley ?

My point being it they have 2 presenters why simulcast some hours and not others and if they can simulcast why have 2 presenters in the building? 😉

If it has been the same as last week it'll have been someone else in C for the 19:00 hour and Maryam will have done the 22:00 hour on world from C. So far when the channels have been separate world has has one presenter on air 16:00-20:00 and another 20:00-01:00 with the 23:00 hour off air. Presumably 16:00-21:00 and the 22:00 hour can be done by one gallery team but adding any more in will require a second, with the midnight hour being handled by the overnight gallery team. World are now back to having the usual number of presenters on air at weekends however they are all working significantly less hours than usual.
FC
FrancesC
The BBC does work in odd ways sometimes. This has been the line up tonight:

My point being it they have 2 presenters why simulcast some hours and not others and if they can simulcast why have 2 presenters in the building? 😉

NC went to trailers at 2223 instead of 2225 so I think World did their own thing at 2200 – 2300.
FI
Fitzer
James Reynolds was on World at 1900. Maryam Moshiri started at 2000.
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
We only get to see and know of the people in front of the camera. I guess the logistics involving the reduced weekend back office teams (reduced due to distancing and reduced due to it being a weekend) could also play a part in these odd patterns we see at weekends. Perhaps there is a handover point at weekends when the back room team changes over and their galleries have to be disinfected or whatever whilst the new bubble awaits entry. And this back room work is done during a simulcast.

I’ve really no idea. Just suggesting it could be this.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
The BBCs Head of Values suggested that they alternated the presenters each hour apart of the “More for Less” scheme.

Tomorrow we will see Huw Edwards doing alternate hours from 5am on The Briefing.
JW
The BBCs Head of Values suggested that they alternated the presenters each hour apart of the “More for Less” scheme.

Tomorrow we will see Huw Edwards doing alternate hours from 5am on The Briefing.

Huw will do The Briefing? What do you mean exactly?
CM

Huw will do The Briefing? What do you mean exactly?

It was a joke. I had just been re-watching W1A and there “more of less” scheme Very Happy
JW
You had me worried there for a minute.......
JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
AlexS posted:
2"]The BBC does work in odd ways sometimes. This has been the line up tonight:

If it has been the same as last week it'll have been someone else in C for the 19:00 hour and Maryam will have done the 22:00 hour on world from C. So far when the channels have been separate world has has one presenter on air 16:00-20:00 and another 20:00-01:00 with the 23:00 hour off air. Presumably 16:00-21:00 and the 22:00 hour can be done by one gallery team but adding any more in will require a second, with the midnight hour being handled by the overnight gallery team. World are now back to having the usual number of presenters on air at weekends however they are all working significantly less hours than usual.

21:00 is always a simulcast anyway and has been for five years, it should be World News Today in that slot. It's designed as an hour of international focused news, produced by BBC World News. Wondered why it wasn't from C as it idea is to allow E to be prepared for the Ten. It's cost saving
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The bigger takeaway for me in that schedule is why one presenter within all that is on air for just half an hour.
JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
The bigger takeaway for me in that schedule is why one presenter within all that is on air for just half an hour.

Mishal was on network bulletins also did 18:30-19:00
CM
I still don’t get this argument of “why not use the NC presenter for the main BBC One bulletins”

I’ll talk about weekends as I really don’t think 1, 6 and 10 need explaining.

If you notice, the weekend one is done by the duty NC presenter (Ben or Carrie these days) and is only about 6 minutes of news then 3 or so minutes of sport. It also uses reports from the news channel on that day, as it is produced by news channel output. There isn’t a need to bring someone in for a nine minute bulletin when the NC presenter can prepare whilst something like Click or whatever news shows they play these days.

The weekend evening and late content involves exclusive reports, two-ways and the presenter scripts it entirely. Contrary to popular belief, they don’t rock up with 2 minutes to air, whack on some make up and fly away with the programme. They’ve been there hours before working on the tightly scheduled bulletin. It is produced by the six and ten team also, I think.
GeekyJames and Steve Williams gave kudos

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic