TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
J. Lyric
...Okay, I get it. Rolling Eyes
JL
J. Lyric
So we know what the new Sky Sports looks like.

We know what the sub-brands will look like.

I provide a recreation.

Opinions welcome. / Have at me.
paul_hadley and valley gave kudos
VA
valley
Looks good! Would you stick with the current blue "HD" tag (example below - just realised that the HD is upper case but only the height of the lowercase letters and I find this slightly maddening)?

JL
J. Lyric
Not sure, honestly... maybe.
JA
JAS84
Looks good! Would you stick with the current blue "HD" tag (example below - just realised that the HD is upper case but only the height of the lowercase letters and I find this slightly maddening)?

Is that logo German? Sport isn't pluralised.
DE
deryn
JAS84 posted:

might even be italy
VA
valley
JAS84 posted:

Yeah, it’s the Italian version. It was the only decent res version I could find! UK does the same thing though.

Germany is still on the old Sky Sports look last time I checked.
SK
skyviewer
JAS84 posted:

Yeah, it’s the Italian version. It was the only decent res version I could find! UK does the same thing though.

Germany is still on the old Sky Sports look last time I checked.

They are currently revamping their studio and are supposed to relaunch in the beginning of August. Let's see if they still use the current sky sports style or already the new one without the box around the sky letters. The latter one would of course make more sense.
TT
TellyTime
There's a neat little advert on Twitter at the moment, showing off the new logos for the 10 main Sky channels in the basic package:

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
^ This is the square version of the advert I was talking about with the new Sky Sports Mix logo
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Here's the first example I've seen of Sky Cinema's new logo being used on-air, as well as the first time the presumed animation of the logo with the extra white tabs has been used.

Click here for a phone quality, but clearer and closer look

Once again, Sky Sports News has accidentally used the logo, though it does make me wonder whether the Sky Cinema logos will adopt the white bar to show the genre name or if they'll keep it underneath and have the white bar (presumably replacing the extended red rectangle) for franchise logos.
Last edited by PATV Scunthorpe on 29 June 2020 4:06pm
Sh1ruba and JackTheTellyFan gave kudos
TT
TellyTime
The new Sky Cinema logos are now in use on VM's EPG and TV Go:

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/tv-guide.html

Newer posts