TV Home Forum

Davina and Rylan to front Big Brother show for E4

"Best Shows" to air this year marking 20 years of BB (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh

Last edited by Josh on 20 June 2020 9:57pm
VA
valley
Wonder where they'd film it, since Elstree is building two new stages where the CBB set was.
GO
gottago
It's the Daily Star so highly unlikely to be true.
JO
Jon
It's the Daily Star so highly unlikely to be true.

Yes but don’t forget that’s where the story that show had been axed came from, which did turn out to be true.

Big Brother is one of those formats that’s too big not to be tried again at some point. Whether now is the right time to be thinking about it I’m not sure but Channel 4 is probably where it would end up.
BR
Brekkie
Wonder where they'd film it, since Elstree is building two new stages where the CBB set was.

Moving on from Elstree would actually do the show good. Most revived versions just use rather nice existing houses now that they're filmed purely remotely rather than with camera runs, or otherwise a house can be built in any sound stage or warehouse big enough.

If we're still looking at no crowds they'd be the option of filming in an existing foreign BB house too.
JO
Jonwo
If Channel 4 or E4 were to revive Celebrity Big Brother, I would imagine it'll be co-funded by Motion Content Group like Love Island and The Circle are.
FA
fanoftv
Most revived versions just use rather nice existing houses now that they're filmed purely remotely rather than with camera runs, or otherwise a house can be built in any sound stage or warehouse big enough.

Whether it’s tiredness setting in or something that I ate, reading the above post made me remember the Channel 5 show ‘Back to Reality’ which from what I remember was a big house and garden built inside another unit, I don’t remember it doing well for them but it did have a brilliant theme tune:
buster and paul_hadley gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Yes, think that was Black Island Studios in the middle of London. C4 have a phase of doing cheap reality shows at Endemol's studios in Bristol too. BB Australia has just been revived in three connected warehouses.

Not sure if when it comes to quotas Elstree counted as in London or not but if it was out of London it would probably be more attractive to C4. There are plenty of studio options but it's having the outdoor space and being remote enough which is tricky.
JO
Jon
Yes, think that was Black Island Studios in the middle of London. C4 have a phase of doing cheap reality shows at Endemol's studios in Bristol too.

What and when? I can only remember Gameshows coming out of the now defunct Paintworks studios. It wasn’t that big and they’d have struggled to accommodate anything bigger than DOND.
VA
valley
Not sure if when it comes to quotas Elstree counted as in London or not but if it was out of London it would probably be more attractive to C4.

Elstree is inside the M25 / London quota.

Bovingdon might suit.
BR
Brekkie
Jon posted:
Yes, think that was Black Island Studios in the middle of London. C4 have a phase of doing cheap reality shows at Endemol's studios in Bristol too.

What and when? I can only remember Gameshows coming out of the now defunct Paintworks studios. It wasn’t that big and they’d have struggled to accommodate anything bigger than DOND.

Big Brother Panto and Shattered came from Bristol, as I think did the pre-recorded Fool Around with... on E4 and probably other Endemol shows of the time when they were churning out the cheap reality formats.
GO
gottago
Jon posted:

Big Brother Panto and Shattered came from Bristol, as I think did the pre-recorded Fool Around with... on E4 and probably other Endemol shows of the time when they were churning out the cheap reality formats.

The first series of Big Brother's Big Mouth (or E Forum as it was then) came from there. I'm sure I heard Russell Brand or someone on a podcast saying it was because of some deal C4 had to produce a certain amount of hours from there although given that they're all Endemol shows perhaps they were the ones with the deal to fulfil.

Newer posts