TV Home Forum

Alan Carr's Epic Gameshow

Pretty much a retake on Gameshow Marathon in my opinion. (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Does Alan Carr have a problem walking or is he flat footed? He seems to be making a meal of climbing up the stairs and scampering across the wall of screens? Michael Barrymore seemed to have so much more dynamism. Enjoyable though!
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Just goes to show how things have changed prize wise on gameshows in the last 30 years or so. Nice prize of a 4k TV and Freesat recorder that's just been won.
JO
Jonwo
In terms of strategy, if you get a decent prize like the holiday before the Strike it Lucky question, surely you should you bank it rather than risk it and potentially lose it.
NJ
Jonwo posted:
In terms of strategy, if you get a decent prize like the holiday before the Strike it Lucky question, surely you should you bank it rather than risk it and potentially lose it.

Depends where everybody else is. Because the other couple were on the end screen as well, you really had to go for it to have any chance or getting through, otherwise you'll just have the prize.

If the other couple were at least one screen back then you could have had the best of both worlds.
BR
Brekkie
I think this is really suiting Alan. Notice they've avoided any mention of Barrymore.

Felt like they got a free move on the question screen - not sure if it was the same in the original but in my mind that should have been included in the count if they're going to get asked the question.
JO
Jon
I don’t think they’ve mentioned any of the previous presenters so far? Unless they mentioned Brucie on PYCR, I only watched that towards the end?
BR
Brekkie
Fair point.
JO
Johnr
OK, that end game sucks :/
NJ
Well that's at least the second time they're used a pyramid for the end game on this marathon. Not really sure what this adds to things apart from being awkwardly implemented?
JO
Jonwo
I think if Strike it Lucky were to be revived, they need to change the end game.

Next week is Play Your Cards Right but with the public, I’m guessing they’re saving Bullseye for the final episode
JO
Jon
Well that's at least the second time they're used a pyramid for the end game on this marathon. Not really sure what this adds to things apart from being awkwardly implemented?

The pyramid is clearly meant to be the format point that binds all the games together. However it’s slotted in better to some games than others. On Play Your Cards Right it just produced a poorer version of the original endgame. On the Price is Right it was just really poorly done and just made the whole thing confusing and hard to follow. On tonight’s end game, I don’t think they explained how many hot spots were on each row did they?

I think if they wanted to have a unified endgame they should have just created one that was not specific to any of formats, rather than what they have which is sometimes shoehorning it into the existing endgame or creating an entirely new endgame.
JO
Jonwo
It’ll be interesting to see how they implement the pyramid into Bullseye.

Newer posts