TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
TheMike
JAS84 posted:
Sure you can. Click quote in this thread, then cut and paste into the other one.

Fiddly, especially on mobile. Reminds me of a meeting where IT were aghast that normal users wouldn't jump through hoops to get the end result they were expecting.
FG
FraserGJ
Stepping away from Pick for a second - I've just noticed that Sky History 2 has a HD simulcast now (the old H2 was SD only) - HD on 163 and SD moved to 894
MI
TheMike
Stepping away from Pick for a second - I've just noticed that Sky History 2 has a HD simulcast now (the old H2 was SD only) - HD on 163 and SD moved to 894

Yes, the HD channel launched on 27th May as part of the factual channel change on Sky.
IM
ImMaxClaydon
When watching the football on Sky One yesterday, I have to say the new gradient logo for sky One looks much nicer than the old one/current Sky Sports one
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
You'll have to forgive me for the low quality image, but the new Sky Sports Mix logo is being used in a trailer promoting all the Sky entertainment channels. As can be seen, the name extensions take on the same style as the +1 and HD logos.

Stuart, what and Sh1ruba gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba
You'll have to forgive me for the low quality image, but the new Sky Sports Mix logo is being used in a trailer promoting all the Sky entertainment channels. As can be seen, the name extensions take on the same style as the +1 and HD logos.

Can you record that trailer?
BR
Brekkie
Looks awful.
:-(
A former member
Yeah I’m not sold on this new logo style. It looks ok on some (such as Comedy and Nature) but not so good on others. Said it before previously but I think a different style each for Sports, Cinema and News would work - on all of these I don’t think the lower case works well.
JO
Jon
Looks awful.

I would imagine it looks a lot better watching on HD TV screen rather a than a phone pic of a screen. Also I’m not sure that black ground is the best thing to have behind that dark blue Sky logo.

That said, I haven’t seen it in action either.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
The advert itself had the logos flicking through one after another (think in a similar style to the old Sky Movies spotlight idents). So the same advert features the logo on a whiter background but it was so quick I just thought it better to picture that one as it was onscreen for longer.
JL
J. Lyric
Personally, I don't get why it took so long to get the new logo implemented.
JO
Jon
Personally, I don't get why it took so long to get the new logo implemented.

This worldwide pandemic has passed you by then?

Newer posts