TV Home Forum

Loose Women | 21 Years Old - Sept 2020

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
RDJ
Ranvir is a great choice. Only needs to do Lorraine (she did do GMB Today so she’s technically already done that timeslot) and This Morning and she’s done the whole of daytime even including the News!
SL
Shaun Linden
Today surely can't be the first time in the shows history a BAME female has been the lead presenter?
UB
UBox
Has an ITV News presenter ever anchored LW before?
SI
Siggy
I’m sure June Sarpong has hosted on occasion when she was a former panellist.

Good move from them IMO she’s a great choice; all round good performer and similar journalistic background/knowledge to Jane Moore for the deeper topics. Seemed very natural.

Never known an active ITV news presenter to host before. They could have just used Nadia to host today and kept back Linda Robson as a panellist as pre-recorded yesterday. So clearly purposeful move.

Gordon Burns must be very proud.
CA
cal0906
I think Ranvir did a great job. As people have said, she’s got a fantastic journalistic background to anchor the important debates and interviews whilst also having the fun personality.
JO
Jonwo
Ranvir did very well, she does have the advantage in that she has presented a fair number of shows which aren't hard news like Eat Shop Save and even on GMB, she can slip from hard journalism mode to lighter topics with ease.
FL
Flux
I think Ranvir did a great job. As people have said, she’s got a fantastic journalistic background to anchor the important debates and interviews whilst also having the fun personality.

Despite initial doubts, I actually thought she was more suited to and comfortable on LW than she was opposite Piers on GMB a few months ago. I’m also a big fan of someone with a journalistic background anchoring. LW is always in danger of dipping into trash, and by having someone like Ranvir host it guarantees a level of gravitas which allows the panel to take on proper discussions. The others always step up if they’re lead by a knowledgable and balanced host - I always used to find the same when Kaye was the lead presenter.
JW
JamesWorldNews
It adds quite an interesting dynamic. “GMB anchor and political editor and occasional presenter of News at Ten joins Loose Women”. I never thought I would see the day!

But it did demonstrate just how versatile Ranvir is. It was a good show yesterday.

By her own admission, she will only be doing two days (Thursday and Friday) and it seems it’s not a permanent thing.

For whatever reason, Ruth wasn’t available this week and I wonder why they opted for Ranvir over Andrea and Christine.

Sensibly, however, they utilized someone who was technically already in the building! And therefore someone already inducted into the rigorous social distancing and revised HSE mandates which are in-place at ITV at the moment.
DeMarkay and JosiahStuart gave kudos
CA
cal0906
Good debate in the first part of the show today! Much prefer having a good debate on LW rather than the usual tosh they seem to give us lately
DeMarkay and Meridian AM gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
It would be interesting to see more guest anchors on Loose Women given how well Ranvir did for the last two episodes.
JE
Jez Founding member
I thought Ranvir was a fabulous guest presenter and I would hope she will be asked to present more often.

11 days later

JO
Jonwo
According to Andrea's Instagram, Loose Women is back in TC2.

Newer posts