TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green

TV
iloveTV1 (previously iloveTV2304) London London
The link below confirms that Lauren Layfield has left CBBC HQ as a full time host, but will still pop up from time to time. She was meant to have a leaving party, but Coronavirus got in the way:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBQ2_SSjhvh/?hl=en
CA
Caly123 Wales Wales Today
Does anyone remember during the 2095-2007 era where during the coming up next or the schedule when they show one of the characters from a CBBC cartoon popping up during the slide?

Can anyone tell me if they did more with the other CBBC cartoons?

Here's one featuring Mona from Mona the Vampire appearing during the schedule slide.

There was one featuring Charlie from Mona the Vampire as well but that has since been removed from YouTube
LO
loydy Central (West) Midlands Today
Does anyone remember during the 2095-2007 era where during the coming up next or the schedule when they show one of the characters from a CBBC cartoon popping up during the slide?

Not around the same time, but during 2017 they had Danger Mouse pop up on screen and they also had one on Saturday Mash-Up saying how many minutes away it was too. Also had a Dennis one either 2017 or 2018 that used to skate on screen.
Telly's finest.
CA
Caly123 Wales Wales Today
loydy posted:

Not around the same time, but during 2017 they had Danger Mouse pop up on screen and they also had one on Saturday Mash-Up saying how many minutes away it was too. Also had a Dennis one either 2017 or 2018 that used to skate on screen.

I wonder if they did ones for The Cramp Twins, Maya & Miguel or Arthur?
SJ
sjames Anglia (East) Look East
Interesting article. There was certainly plenty of Otis left when he was part of the Children's TV exhibition that went on tour round several museums, this is a photo I took at the Lowry in 2014...(spoilered for size!)

Anyone remember though that the original Otis looked slightly different to the later version though?
LO
loydy Central (West) Midlands Today
Interesting article. There was certainly plenty of Otis left when he was part of the Children's TV exhibition that went on tour round several museums, this is a photo I took at the Lowry in 2014...(spoilered for size!)

Anyone remember though that the original Otis looked slightly different to the later version though?

Having seen Otis recently, I can confirm that he is just a head in a plastic bag at the moment!
Telly's finest.
TV
The LGBT storyline started in Jamie Johnson today, will be interesting to see if there will be complaints from parents.
ET
ethanh05 Wales Wales Today
The LGBT storyline started in Jamie Johnson today, will be interesting to see if there will be complaints from parents.

Considering we live in 2020, I would hope not.
TV

Considering we live in 2020, I would hope not.

You say that, but there are plenty of parents who still seem to think being LGBT is wrong, and that their child should not be exposed to any LGBT characters or stories.

See a few pages ago where we gave the examples of a couple of David Walliams book.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
loydy posted:

Having seen Otis recently, I can confirm that he is just a head in a plastic bag at the moment!

Blimey - who did he upset in the mafia, then?
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
LN
LondonNewsBites London London
[deleted]
Its a good show!
TV
Nobody got told about this...

New Demon Headmaster (reboot) series currently showing on CBBC.

It’s a repeat, originally shown last Autumn.

Newer posts