TV Home Forum

Loose Women | 21 Years Old - Sept 2020

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Oh, I agree with that but it would be a sound safety move imo.

Far more likely is Lorraine and Loose Women sharing a set in TC2, since it would allow rehearsals to take place for This Morning and reduce the need for scenery moves which are challenging whilst social distancing.

An equally good idea.
BR
Brekkie
Jonwo posted:

That makes sense actually. If ITV had 1 studio for its entire morning schedule save for GMB it would be cheaper and potentially a lot safer (obviously there would be precautions in place)

The chances of This Morning sharing sets with Lorraine and Loose Women is very small.

This Morning already safely has it's own (half) studio.

Loose Women does seem a much easier watch without the audience IMO. I suspect insurance issues may lead to shows continuing without them even after socially distancing measures are officially withdrawn (the first time) until we're completely clear of this pandemic.
DO
dosxuk
I suspect insurance issues may lead to shows continuing without them even after socially distancing measures are officially withdrawn (the first time) until we're completely clear of this pandemic.

I want to say "you're assuming social distancing will be removed before the pandemic is dealt with?", but with the leadership we currently have all it will take is two people connected to the government being photographed closer than 2m and that requirement will be disapperated, so you might be on the money here.
AN
Andrew Founding member

Far more likely is Lorraine and Loose Women sharing a set in TC2, since it would allow rehearsals to take place for This Morning and reduce the need for scenery moves which are challenging whilst social distancing.

I’m surprised they didn’t do a dual set for Lorraine and Loose Women when they moved to TC2

Move the desk, bring in some sofas, change the lighting maybe add or take away some bits of set, and you’d have a Lorraine set and I doubt many viewers would know it’s the same set.
NG
noggin Founding member

I’m surprised they didn’t do a dual set for Lorraine and Loose Women when they moved to TC2

Move the desk, bring in some sofas, change the lighting maybe add or take away some bits of set, and you’d have a Lorraine set and I doubt many viewers would know it’s the same set.

I'm not that surprised they went with two sets. TC2 is a small studio (particularly for an audience show), and if you tried to create a set design that accommodated two very different formats, you'd end up compromising both.

They clearly decided to have TC2 as a set/strike studio (which has allowed them to also accommodate Peston, and other shows at weekends) rather than going for a rigid set-standing approach (like TC3) and were able to allow both shows to make best use of the small amount of space.
BR
Brekkie
Is Sunday Brunch now back in TC2?
FA
fanoftv
Is Sunday Brunch now back in TC2?

It has been for the past 3-4 weeks, very different in the fact that they only have one guest at a time and usually only a couple of guests in the studio with others down the line via video call.
SI
Siggy
Unexpected... Ranvir Singh hosting the show tomorrow (Thursday). Should be a good watch! Confirmed on twitter.
JO
Jonwo
Siggy posted:
Unexpected... Ranvir Singh hosting the show tomorrow (Thursday). Should be a good watch! Confirmed on twitter.

Ranvir should good, think it's the first time they've had a guest anchor in some time.

I assume it was recorded today since they now prerecord the Thursday and Friday on Wednesday.
CA
cal0906
I think Ranvir will fit in well to Loose Women! I imagine they're trialling her now and she'll be part of the team over Summer. According to her Instagram story she's anchoring on Friday too.

About time they had a BAME anchor!
BR
Brekkie
Must be trialling her considering it's half hour shows this week so they could easily have pre-recorded them with Christine who hosted live today. Considering though she has pretty much taken over from Charlotte as the preferred fill in on GMB, or they host together, and she still regularly stands in on ITV News, if Christine is covering for Lorraine and Ruth tied up with This Morning assuming all regular hosts will be taking at least some of the summer off we could be seeing alot of Ranvir if she's also hosting Loose Women once or twice a week.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Unexpected but great choice. Ranvir is great in everything she does.

Newer posts