TV Home Forum

Little Britain removed from streaming platforms

Split from US Demonstrations | News Coverage (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
It is rather fascinating that a show that I could watch, and have previously watched, on Britbox and iPlayer, and was also available on DVD from Amazon, less than a week ago, has now been completely removed from all three sites (the DVD listings seem to have been deleted).

The sketches I found most revolting in Little Britain were Gary and Jason (the David Walliams character in the first series who's in love with his friend's grandmother).
NL
Ne1L C
It is rather fascinating that a show that I could watch, and have previously watched, on Britbox and iPlayer, and was also available on DVD from Amazon, less than a week ago, has now been completely removed from all three sites (the DVD listings seem to have been deleted).

The sketches I found most revolting in Little Britain were Gary and Jason (the David Walliams character in the first series who's in love with his friend's grandmother).

Its not just amazing its terrifying at the speed at how programmes can be cleared. Its as if Britbox et al are saying "lets pretend they were never there... Wrong idea
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator

Its not just amazing its terrifying at the speed at how programmes can be cleared. Its as if Britbox et al are saying "lets pretend they were never there... Wrong idea

I think CEX reopens their stores on Monday. Wonder if the price of the surplus Little Britain DVDs will have increased. Razz
NL
Ne1L C
hmm... Very Happy
RD
RDJ

Little Britain now seems to be deleted from being purchased from iTunes too. But Come Fly With Me is still there.

The BBC seems to be on course to try to erase every existence of Little Britain. Which is completely fascinating given we had a special Little Brexit on Radio 4 last year, rumours of a revival of the series and a special skit for The Big Night In just 7 weeks ago?!
LL
London Lite Founding member
RDJ posted:

Little Britain now seems to be deleted from being purchased from iTunes too. But Come Fly With Me is still there.

Computer says no.
IS
Inspector Sands
The Twitter enbedder doesn't seem to be working:
https://twitter.com/RealMattLucas/status/1271882158127398913?s=19
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Works for me:

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Don’t you have to remove the ?s=19 from the end?
IS
Inspector Sands
Nope, it doesn't insert the code either with or without the s=19. This is on the mobile version
BR
Brekkie
Wonder if Little Britain might be re-edited without the offending sketches and return, though I think Lucas and Walliams are both happy to draw a line under it.

One thing I've started watching again in lockdown is High Hopes, a BBC Wales sitcom which began in 2002. They've lost an episode on the iPlayer which saw it's central character stand for election on a platform of "suspicion and bigotary", yet the next episode full of poor jokes about "nancy boys" and "pansies" remains.
TI
This Is Granada

Its like ITV with Jezza Kyle show. Removed off tv quicker than you can fill in a benefits claim form, all traces removed from the hub, ITV2, the offical youtube channel and other social media. As if it all never existed.

Newer posts