Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SS
SuperSajuuk
I like the dark theme option, now I don't need to have Dark Reader enabled for this site to have a dark theme for browsing it. Good updates. Smile
AG
AxG
I think the quote box needs reworking to show at least the last comment rather than having to press 'Show all'
JA
JAS84
I don't get the kudos animation on the desktop, but it works on Chrome with Android 10.

I'm using Chrome on Windows, and I see that animation just fine. What browser are you using on desktop? I assume it's not Chrome?

One thing I did think about, which isn't particularly relevant now that they've gone, was having the 'New' tag replace the number representing the unread posts.

Like the kudos animation as well, and the detail in the little pop-up messages when posting and receiving kudos having the progress bar slide along the top followed by the testcard colours animating it off screen.
Yeah, that pop-up animation looks great. Cool
AN
Andrew Founding member
I can’t remember what it used to be like, but you don’t seem to be able to move to the next page at the end of a page of posts, you need to scroll back up to the top first?
JA
Jake
Love the update.

Dark mode is a nice addition too.
LL
London Lite Founding member
JAS84 posted:
I don't get the kudos animation on the desktop, but it works on Chrome with Android 10.

I'm using Chrome on Windows, and I see that animation just fine. What browser are you using on desktop? I assume it's not Chrome?

I'm using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Windows 10 (last version before 2004, which I'm about to update).
JO
Josh
For The Gallery, is it possible to set our own colour palette as a green screen may cause the system to think our colours are green and nothing else.
DO
dosxuk
Unless you're posting mocks of a green screen studio, why would you have a green screen involved? I know some people post graphic mocks with a luminous green background but that's a silly thing to do anyway. A neutral gray or blurred out grab / photo are much better choices of generic background for graphic mocks.
JA
JAS84
Now that the signatures have been changed, I can retire the version of my sig that had a white background to hide the horizontal rule. But now in dark mode it will completely disappear because it's black. Hmm… maybe I will switch to the BBC News inspired version someone made a while back.

Congratulations on the new design, I think the only thing I would echo is that there does seem to be a lack of contrast in some places (like the page numbers) but overall it's a very nice redesign.
No it won't disappear, because dark mode is blue, not black.

See? Perfectly readable.

The page number thing is hard to see in light mode, yes. In dark mode though, it looks fine.
:-(
A former member
All looking very fresh, overall a superb job Asa.

The minor niggle with the current page numbers in light mode being indistinguishable from the others aside, the only suggestion I would make is to be able to have light/dark mode separately switchable for desktop and mobile. I prefer light on my desktop and dark on mobile.
JO
Joe
Can you set it to system? Then you can have it different by device.
IS
Inspector Sands
I can't get the Twitter embedder to work - I'm using the mobile version.

I can't remember the markup so don't know if that's working or just the button

Newer posts