TV Home Forum

EastEnders

Kate Oates joins as Exec Producer

W1
w1a London London
Yes I noticed how quickly we got to Christmas 1993 - there was a Christmas Day ep, which fell on a Saturday that year, but otherwise it reverted back to the Tue/Thu schedule immediately - Boxing Day in Albert Sq was shown on the 28/12, another ep on Thu 30/12 and then not again until Tues 04/01. Surprising looking back at how low key New Year's was.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Is the last one tomorrow or next week. They really should do a mega-duff duff for the end of season cliffhanger. Probably end up being the worst cliffhanger ever - did they ever solve the mystery of the bins?
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
PA
paul_hadley London London
I think it’s the last episode next Tuesday. Those special programmes start the following week in its place.
MU
Multi Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Is the last one tomorrow or next week. They really should do a mega-duff duff for the end of season cliffhanger. Probably end up being the worst cliffhanger ever - did they ever solve the mystery of the bins?

I'd like to think they do one of those slow pans round the square before the duff duffs.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today

Next Tuesday (16th) is the last one.

To be fair as an avid EastEnders fan, I am actually looking forward to a short break. To start afresh in a couple of months time with current storylines having progressed off-screen is going to be intriguing and could develop other storylines in itself and bring in a different dynamic to the show that's not previously been possible.

For example, Mick and Linda the current stalwart behind the Queen Vic have been teasing for months now (unintentionally) that they are moving out of the Vic. No more is going to be known about this until the show resumes. So if six or so months pass by during the break and we see Mick and Linda in the duldrums and a new stalwart suddenly behind the Queen Vic bar, much could be made from the story of what had happened during the interim. Either that, or just expect an equivalent scene to Bet & Len reminiscing on recent events on the first Coronation Street after the ITV strike nearly 41 years ago.

I'd imagine they're also going to use this time to carefully plan what is going to be possible as a lead up for its Christmas and New Year storylines, which may have changed entirely since what would have been their initial plans earlier in the year. As previously mentioned I would expect that they remain with two episodes a week probably until Christmas at the earliest.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
AS
Ash101
Being reported that when it returns EastEnders will be back on 4 nights a week, but with only 20 minutes episodes.

Obviously a 7:30 start makes sense to extend the One Show and start them at 7:40. But the 8pm starts become slightly messier.
MA
markjuk Meridian (South) South Today
Being reported that when it returns EastEnders will be back on 4 nights a week, but with only 20 minutes episodes.

Obviously a 7:30 start makes sense to extend the One Show and start them at 7:40. But the 8pm starts become slightly messier.

The BBC one again ignoring calls for the show to return to two/three nights a week, on a permanent basis.
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)

They don’t even have to adjust the start times, they could just reversion the upcoming Secret of the Square series into 10 minute segments.
MA
markjuk Meridian (South) South Today
Classic 1994 episodes on Drama this week, have really been putting modern day episodes to shame.

Frank Butcher walking out and Grant's mate, nutter Dougie Gold.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I had read somewhere that this storyline which was meant to take up the first 3 episode week ended up being condensed into two episodes as a result of them deciding it ended up being too intense for pre-watershed viewing. May explain why the first half of today's first episode felt so disjointed. That's apparently the reason there was no Monday episode on the first week of May 94, making up for the dropped episodes' worth of content.
Si-Co and Steve Williams gave kudos
JO
Joe
The BBC one again ignoring calls for the show to return to two/three nights a week, on a permanent basis.

Genuine question – are people calling for this?

I understand that it's a popular opinion on here and probably amongst hardcore fans, but I've never ever heard it from the 'general population'.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
They've been calling for it in the same way the public have been calling for the end of Oneness according to some people on here.

Newer posts