The Gallery

A Collection of Ideas

Simply a little gathering of experiments. Constantly updating with new pieces. (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NO
NancerOnTheForum
I'd suggest... keeping the letters in the BBC logo. It MIGHT just about work in the UK but definitely not internationally

This lad says otherwise. Wink

I think the ones which don't use the current logo are the better sets, although I like the BBC Three end board as well.

The thing is, the BBC has almost always never been identified by JUST the letters or JUST the blocks. It's always been the letters IN the blocks. The current BBC logo has been around for 23 years and hasn't aged a bit. What I'm trying to say is, the logo itself doesn't need changing, the IMPLEMENTATION of it does, as the BBC branding currently is all over the place, though slowly starting to regain uniformity through Reith. Other than that, your concept is a nice way of bringing the BBC closer together.
JL
J. Lyric
deryn posted:
what about adding a gradient ti the bbc blocks

It was supposed to be inspired by that of france•tv's look - but then it went somewhere else.

Two things.

1. You sound young.

2. There aren't exactly any gradients in france•tv's look, is there? Rolling Eyes

I'd suggest... keeping the letters in the BBC logo. It MIGHT just about work in the UK but definitely not internationally

This lad says otherwise. Wink

I think the ones which don't use the current logo are the better sets, although I like the BBC Three end board as well.

The thing is, the BBC has almost always never been identified by JUST the letters or JUST the blocks. It's always been the letters IN the blocks. The current BBC logo has been around for 23 years and hasn't aged a bit. What I'm trying to say is, the logo itself doesn't need changing, the IMPLEMENTATION of it does, as the BBC branding currently is all over the place, though slowly starting to regain uniformity through Reith. Other than that, your concept is a nice way of bringing the BBC closer together.

Well, you do what you have to do.
DE
deryn
yes i am young 19 to be precise
JL
J. Lyric
deryn posted:
yes i am young 19 to be precise

Well, that's my age too, but I don't type like... that.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
I've just done a quick mockup of your BBC concepts. First I used the current BBC logo, and second, I've gave each channel a different variation of Reith. I've also (finally) given BBC Four a colour of it's own - a dark green to fit in with the others.
JL
J. Lyric
I've just done a quick mockup of your BBC concepts. First I used the current BBC logo, and second, I've gave each channel a different variation of Reith. I've also (finally) given BBC Four a colour of it's own - a dark green to fit in with the others.

Understandable.

I'm curious as to why you chose a dark green, though.
JL
J. Lyric

Here's something connected to the france•tv idea.

The "block-only" version being small-use worthy, and the "Normal" version for everything else.
lukeshep and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
JL
J. Lyric

I decided to make my own version of another thread on the forum - utilizing the Beeb's centenary anniversary to give them a new look.
BS
BiggieSMLZ
Very good indeed. Question is: is that Reith Sans Condensed you used on some of those logos?
JL
J. Lyric
Very good indeed. Question is: is that Reith Sans Condensed you used on some of those logos?

It is indeed Reith Condensed.
JL
J. Lyric
Cross-thread post.

An idea was pitched for a combination of BBC iPlayer and Sounds.

The merge was titled "BBC+".

I like to be quick on mocking up ideas. Very Happy

Three options provided. A pink-orange gradient. One of just a plus sign, one going the "Gill Sans Rebrand" route, and a "custom wordmark" job.
JL
J. Lyric

Half remake, half concept x2.

Remake because I had to recreate the logos from scratch [minus the "one" wordmark] using Reith - Concept x2 because 1: "Reith-ing" the logos completely - and 2: the main reason behind this picture - making a new "HD" symbol to put on the logos.

The original graphic looked a bit too detailed - in my opinion, that is - so I wanted to do something simpler and cleaner than the current one.
Last edited by J. Lyric on 14 June 2020 8:40pm
cmthwtv and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos

Newer posts