The Gallery

A Collection of Ideas

Simply a little gathering of experiments. Constantly updating with new pieces. (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Sh1ruba

There's a story behind this one - I was looking through Google Images, one in particular cropped the Sky logo as seen here, and I thought - "Hey... Maybe that could be a thing."

And thus, the idea was made.

Utilizing the more recent "Headline" cut of the Sky typeface...

I know this sounds dumb, but where or how did you get the Headline version of the Sky font?
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Unless J. Lyric got it from an alternative source, both the Sky Headline and the more condensed version of Sky Ultra which Sky History uses were used on the factual channels press release pdf, however both are not complete sets, since the extracted fonts use only the characters used within the document.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
]

It was supposed to be inspired by that of france•tv's look - but then it went somewhere else.

This one looks very good. But the main BBC logo seems a bit weak to me.

Your Sky logos look far better than the current ones
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
I now bring you more stuff...

...of ITV nature.

- - - -

In case I didn't mention it before, all my work is the result of me being bored. This is one of those pieces.

...and then at one point, I decided to turn "Week 41" of ITV Creates into a look idea

I really quite like these. They feel quite retro but modern. Very simplistic. I'd like to see how this would work on ITV News
LY
Lynetwork
Ooh loving the ITV stuff! The Curve idents look nice too.
JO
Josh
I love the Striking ident. Very unique and could definitely see it working.
JL
J. Lyric

There's a story behind this one - I was looking through Google Images, one in particular cropped the Sky logo as seen here, and I thought - "Hey... Maybe that could be a thing."

And thus, the idea was made.

Utilizing the more recent "Headline" cut of the Sky typeface...

I know this sounds dumb, but where or how did you get the Headline version of the Sky font?

both the Sky Headline and the more condensed version of Sky Ultra which Sky History uses were used on the factual channels press release pdf

That's where I got it from.

It'd be much more helpful if I had the real deal, but... you know. Work with what you've got.
JL
J. Lyric
a Sky quickie

- - - -

I didn't do as many brands as I did previously, but I did enough to get an understanding of what the system could be like.

The idea was "extending from the main Sky logo"... or something like that.

I had to interpolate a pseudo-"Semibold" weight of the Sky font to do this Smile
JL
J. Lyric
]

It was supposed to be inspired by that of france•tv's look - but then it went somewhere else.

This one looks very good. But the main BBC logo seems a bit weak to me.

I think the main BBC logo would be the current one - the "three-block" as you see here would just be for the channel logos and such.
NO
NancerOnTheForum
I'd suggest... keeping the letters in the BBC logo. It MIGHT just about work in the UK but definitely not internationally
JL
J. Lyric
I'd suggest... keeping the letters in the BBC logo. It MIGHT just about work in the UK but definitely not internationally

This lad says otherwise. Wink

I think the ones which don't use the current logo are the better sets, although I like the BBC Three end board as well.
DE
deryn
what about adding a gradient ti the bbc blocks

Newer posts