TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

ET
ethanh05 Wales Wales Today
Jon posted:
I’m looking forward to Brekkie claiming West Germany were robbed after the full time whistle.

If you're looking at this from a purely sane view, the ball doesn't cross the line. That, as far as I'm aware, does not count.
TI
tightrope78 UTV Newsline
And here’s the Eurovision introduction that wouldn’t have been seen in the UK:

UKnews, Brekkie and paul_hadley gave kudos
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Jon posted:
I’m looking forward to Brekkie claiming West Germany were robbed after the full time whistle.

If you're looking at this from a purely sane view, the ball doesn't cross the line. That, as far as I'm aware, does not count.

It does count when the referee gives it.

And of course you can probably undermine almost every winning teams successes, if you obsess over things that shouldn’t have gone in their favour that didn’t and of course England have lost out on unfair decisions to.
Last edited by Jon on 7 June 2020 3:47pm - 2 times in total
ET
ethanh05 Wales Wales Today
Jon posted:
Jon posted:

It does count when the referee gives it.

And of course you can probably undermine almost every winning teams successes, if you obsess over things that shouldn’t have gone in their favour that didn’t and of course England have lost out on unfair decisions to.

I suppose the Lampard goal not counting in 2010 balanced it out anyway. It's one of those moments that turns on a dime and it went the way of England - it could've easily went the other way.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Have the BBC World Cup Classics shows gone back as far as this? And how much of the earlier games of 1966 were broadcast live on either BBC or ITV?

This excellent site, the best online for pre Premier League football coverage, gives a complete breakdown of the 1966 coverage on BBC & ITV:

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/itv/WorldCup66.html

Thanks - was looking for this site yesterday but all the reshowing of the Euros made it difficult to Google.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
JO
England win 4-2 after extra time.
TL
toby lerone 2016 UTV Newsline
Have the BBC World Cup Classics shows gone back as far as this? And how much of the earlier games of 1966 were broadcast live on either BBC or ITV?

BBC World Cup Rewind on Saturday Afternoons showed the 1966 World Cup Final as the last match in the series last weekend.
JO
Unsurprisingly it was a Whisper Production. I did think it was probably Whisper, but actually thought it might have been BT Sport given their experience in producing these remote productions, although usually to a higher standard, given the graphics were similar to the original BT Sport graphics. There were also similarities to the Football League graphics too.
NG
noggin Founding member
Jon posted:
Unsurprisingly it was a Whisper Production. I did think it was probably Whisper, but actually thought it might have been BT Sport given their experience in producing these remote productions, although usually to a higher standard, given the graphics were similar to the original BT Sport graphics. There were also similarities to the Football League graphics too.

It's more Timeline than BT Sport who have the expertise. BT Sport don't have facilities - nor do they really have production teams. Timeline provide BT Sport's production resources, and a lot of BT Sport productions are made by Indies like North One (who have been doing their MotoGP shows).

Timeline are also Whisper's partner for Formula 1 and Sail GP Remote Production, so my bet is that Whisper are using Timeline's remote production facilities (which allow significant number of production team and crew to work from home) which the shows BT Sport have commissioned are also using.

Springwatch are also using Timeline's remote facilities.
JO
I think they did get the style wrong. They could have mixed the colour footage and the black and white main camera much more effectively.

I think the endless interviews really distracted from the atmosphere. Just cutting out of the commentary to hear from Hoddle and Hurst would have been acceptable with only a few seconds of them in vision needed.

Could have had a few additional interviews in between the halves etc but having the likes of Jo Brand pop up just before the end was really jarring.
TI
tightrope78 UTV Newsline

This excellent site, the best online for pre Premier League football coverage, gives a complete breakdown of the 1966 coverage on BBC & ITV:

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/itv/WorldCup66.html

Thanks - was looking for this site yesterday but all the reshowing of the Euros made it difficult to Google.

Something I’d never known before - Channel TV didn’t show any of the ITV World Cup matches in 1966.
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
A quick question, what demand if any do people here think for complete coverage of the Norwegian Eliteserien in the UK? Why? Because apparently we are to get it ALL on the Eurosport Player. I suppose buying the pan-European rights was really cheap but still I can't see Odd v Start getting many viewers. Whether their linear channels will continue post Matchday 3 I really doubt.

Newer posts