TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Or there's room for it in TC1 alongside LW?
VA
valley
I reckon it's because LW is in TC1 and Lorraine isn't using it atm so they are able to keep the set in place

I thought Peston and the MLMS have been coming from TC2 in the meantime?

It doesn't look like Sunday Brunch came from TC1 based on the height of the cyc rail:

10 days later

JO
Josh
Just saw a Black Lives Matter ident today to coincide with #BlackOutTuesday.
JO
Josh

CA
Capybara
This is already happening in a form, it's definitely already been done with Don't Tell The Bride and possibly Celebs Go Dating? They are very cut-down versions of episodes that have already aired lasting around 7-8 minutes.
ME
mediachris
Hollyoaks Favourites on E4 now comes with it's own DOG in the TRH corner pre-burned in to the programme.
FL
flipps
They always say complaints welcome on Channel 4: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11796915/gogglebox-viewers-furious-breaking-lockdown-rules/
BR
Brekkie
Complaints valid I think.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Is there some loophole here where C4 can claim these celebrity homes as 'workplaces'?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Doesn't "go to work if you can't work from home" gives them a get out here, if social distancing was observed?
BR
Brekkie
Although you can arguably watch TV from home with someone via Zoom anyway.

With all these things it is what is legally right (as "work" they're not breaking any rules) and what looks right. They probably have enough participants who live together to avoid the few which obviously don't and had to awkwardly be kept apart. I think the justification of going into someones house to watch TV because you're on Gogglebox when people aren't allowed in each others homes at the moment even at a distance just hurts. Can we all just film ourselves watching TV and stick it on Youtube and call it "work"?
davidhorman and Josh gave kudos
CC
CCFG
I think 4seven have dropped weekend afternoon Simpsons repeats, which I first saw in mid-2018 but they started doing that in late-2017. And there was also a brief period when The Simpsons was on S4C.

Newer posts