The Gallery

BBC 2020 Rebrand Project

Celebrating the BBC's centenary with a stronger identity. (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BS
BiggieSMLZ
Alright, time to unveil some more revised graphics. I'm gonna start with the spin-off radio stations (Radios 1Xtra, 4 Extra and 5 Live Sports Extra).

Next, I made a promo endboard for BBC Scotland, the equivalent of BBC Two in that part of the country. While it's still a relatively new channel, I've decided to keep the channel numbers for the TV providers intact. Like BBC Two, these endboards slide to the right.

As I mentioned earlier, I considered BBC One, Two, Three, Four, and Scotland as "entertainment channels". so therefore this puts CBBC and CBeebies in the "children's channels" category. So, they each have presentations of their own. Here's some endboards for those channels:

Lastly:
I like it it's okay But I think it would be better with this BBC blocks and the BBC one logo is a bit weird
I noticed that the curve for BBC 2 isn't perfect and a bit messy.

Which reminds me: When desiging the BBC Two endboard, I did use the curve shape for reference. The result looked a bit strange, so to ensure quality, I decided to use a slimmer curve. #TheMoreYouKnow

Doesn't matter I like it it's very nice and like I said the using the BBC blocks my get you good reviews (maybe reith the BBC blocks) can you do the BBC One logo capitals it looks a bit better as reith looks weird in single caps on a logo.

In terms of BBC One's logo, JSYK, I went for lowercase as I felt that it was a more "friendly" way to promote the channel. Whilst I am kinda happy with BBC One's design, I'm currently experimenting, so I might consider what to do with BBC One's presentation down the road, but y'know, early days. Wink
JE
Jeffmister
This is one of those mocks where there are elements I really like such as the branding for the nations radio stations and how the font used for the main TV channels represents their identities. However, there are other elements I hate with a vengeance - the biggest one is the BBC logo itself. Not only does the new logo lose the distinctiveness the old logo had but it looks weird at times (eg; the BBC Radio branding)
TV
TVVT
The spin off radio logos are very nice (I like how the X in Xtra is inside the 1 on 1Xtra), and the CBeebies and CBBC promo endboards are well made also and rather child-friendly and easy to read. BBC Scotland’s endboard is nice aswell.
For a new member you are very good at design.
BS
BiggieSMLZ
TVVT posted:
The spin off radio logos are very nice (I like how the X in Xtra is inside the 1 on 1Xtra), and the CBeebies and CBBC promo endboards are well made also and rather child-friendly and easy to read. BBC Scotland’s endboard is nice aswell.

Indeed I am. Smile

BTW, Thanks for your verdict on the CBBC/CBeebies pres! Really appreciate it!
IT
Ittr
As an overall mock I don't really mind what I'm seeing here, but I think ditching the iconic 1997 block logo isn't the right way to go.
3/5 Smile
DM
DeMarkay
What software did you use?
BS
BiggieSMLZ

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020. (obviously)
DW
DavidWhitfield
Interesting ideas.

I can't help but think of Quest when I see your BBC One graphics, but it's a nice effect. The curved version for BBC Two is a nice touch, setting it apart from BBC One, while still clearly keeping a consistent style.

The wider logos are rather nice too. Some inventive elements like the negative space effect used on 1 Xtra.

I would suggest that you are in danger of coming across rather cocky at times, however.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020. (obviously)

TVVT posted:

Indeed I am.

I would suggest, politely , that you think about how you wish to come across when inviting people to provide constructive feedback and help you to improve your work.

On the whole, I think you've made a decent start. I'm not too sure about some elements, i.e. 5 Live, the BBC Scotland presentation, but these may just be down to my taste.

Keep up the work on this. Certainly some good ideas to build on.
FL
flipps
Alright, time to unveil some more revised graphics. I'm gonna start with the spin-off radio stations (Radios 1Xtra, 4 Extra and 5 Live Sports Extra).

Next, I made a promo endboard for BBC Scotland, the equivalent of BBC Two in that part of the country. While it's still a relatively new channel, I've decided to keep the channel numbers for the TV providers intact. Like BBC Two, these endboards slide to the right.

As I mentioned earlier, I considered BBC One, Two, Three, Four, and Scotland as "entertainment channels". so therefore this puts CBBC and CBeebies in the "children's channels" category. So, they each have presentations of their own. Here's some endboards for those channels:

Lastly:

Which reminds me: When desiging the BBC Two endboard, I did use the curve shape for reference. The result looked a bit strange, so to ensure quality, I decided to use a slimmer curve. #TheMoreYouKnow

Doesn't matter I like it it's very nice and like I said the using the BBC blocks my get you good reviews (maybe reith the BBC blocks) can you do the BBC One logo capitals it looks a bit better as reith looks weird in single caps on a logo.

In terms of BBC One's logo, JSYK, I went for lowercase as I felt that it was a more "friendly" way to promote the channel. Whilst I am kinda happy with BBC One's design, I'm currently experimenting, so I might consider what to do with BBC One's presentation down the road, but y'know, early days. Wink

As much as i like lower case logos reith dosent work for it.
BS
BiggieSMLZ
As much as i like lower case logos reith dosent work for it.

Oh, I get it. Either way, I appreciate what your opinion on the matter there.
FL
flipps
Smile
JO
Jon
What I would say about trailer end boards is, I’d keep the concept of the individual patterns but add some uniformity by trying to keep the text and the logos in the same place for all channels.

Newer posts