TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PE
peterh
Could the 6 play on bbc 2 and the regions at 830
JL
JamesLaverty1925
Could the 6 play on bbc 2 and the regions at 830

The night of the France v Belgium WC semi-final, they moved the regional news to 1730. Could do that with the 6 on BBC Two straight after
TL
toby lerone 2016
BBC have released their plans for the 2020 summer of cricket. As expected the coverage will be presented by Isa Guha with Michael Vaughan announced as the BBC lead cricket analyst. Sir Alastair Cook, Carlos Brathwaite, Phil Tufnell & Alison Mitchell are the other names on the BBC team. BBC are also showing some classic action on Saturday evenings on BBC two during June starting with England v West Indies from 1984.

Obviously no Hundred this year so little to no live cricket although they have the rights to 2 men's and 1 women's T20 match live if they are played.

See more at:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52920695
SW
Steve Williams
Jon posted:
Isn’t that old news?

It's old news that the Beeb have the rights, but it's new information about who was going to be presenting the coverage and what supporting content there's going to be. Of course the archive matches start this weekend, and I see one of them is from 2001, when the Beeb didn't have the rights, so much like on Match of Their Day it'll be interesting to see what commentary they use.

I guess we're getting to the time of year where the Six would be getting shunted around a bit anyway - though this time it's for a known quantity rather than a tennis match that's just about to finish. A shortened version at 1730 or 2000?

I think this thread is overthinking things a bit, even in the current climate the nation can cope if the news is not at six for one night. I assume most of the posts were in response to this...

We know the Six can’t be moved no matter what though and that’s before you start to think about the regions!

...which was Andrew making reference to the discussions in other threads about when they've had to abandon covering the daily briefing because it's time for the Six O'Clock News. Of course, that's a different thing because they're making way for a news bulletin which includes footage of that briefing, and they clearly considered it important to keep the news on at the billed time. But that's not neccessarily the case if they're able to bill the news at a different time in advance, as they do every weekend.

It is often the case on this and other forums that if they do something once it's now official BBC policy, and not just a decision made independently on that day in specific circumstances.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Niche maket but interesting nevertheless

BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Here we go...

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1676010
TI
TIGHazard
So Norwich v Everton, 6PM Wednesday 24th June is confirmed as a BBC pick.
AS
Asa Admin
So Norwich v Everton, 6PM Wednesday 24th June is confirmed as a BBC pick.

Maybe the BBC News at Six will be displaced from it's irremovable slot for once then Very Happy

Gary's only presented the Champions' League on BT Sport hasn't he? So this will be the first time he's done a live Premier League game.
JO
Jon
I believe he’s presented live Premier League for NBC and maybe Al Jazeera although the latter may have just been the Champions League. But yes this should be his first live Premier League matches in the UK.
JO
Jon
I wonder if there will still be multiple graphics feeds. There might be an argument for only have one live feed of any game produced to cut down on numbers required to produce the coverage.
AS
Asa Admin
Ah yes, good point. I'd forgotten about the NBC gig.

I know it's just another live game to present at the end of the day but it is a pretty unique situation and not something anyone would have bet on happening at the start of the year. I wonder if they'll consider booting up the AR studio or if the secondary one will be more suitable.
JO
Jon
I think they’ll use the AR one as I think it’s a bigger space. Also haven’t they used it during this period for the BBC Bitesize programmes during this period?
Last edited by Jon on 5 June 2020 1:53pm

Newer posts