TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Ash101
Has it been said whether Piers is doing Thursdays still, or has he gone back to 3 days a week?
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Has it been said whether Piers is doing Thursdays still, or has he gone back to 3 days a week?

Haven't heard anything, assume he's still doing Thursdays
Asa posted:
Good Morning Britain is now number 1 breakfast show with 27% share.

I feel like this needs one of those.

Please stop with the repetitive "now number 1 breakfast show" every time Piers tweets the audience share. It's great that there's two strong breakfast shows, ITV could well have given up a few years back, but if Breakfast is getting a higher share with more viewers, it's clearly still number one.

*Insanely writes up Executive order to stop Asa fact-checking* FAKE NEWS MEDIA.
welshkid, Ittr and Josh gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Surprised no one has mentioned the bitter clash this morning between both Morgan and Reid, with former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani. As part of the car crash they both claimed he had used the f word in the exchange, and then in a Bill Grundy/Sex Pistols moment goaded him on to repeat it!

Perhaps I was the only person watching
Jon and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Bloody hell! Was this for real?

I only saw it now on Twitter, Mark. But, wow! How else to describe that.

BF
BFGArmy
Surprised Piers & Susanna suddenly are so outraged around swearing given one of the guests yesterday was swearing away like a trooper without much if any apology from those two. I'm assuming the fact that yesterday's guest was one of Piers's pals played no part in that at all.

The overwhelming sense I get is that GMB will go to whatever lengths to have its daily viral moment. An interview with Giuliani was never going to go well and be a reasonable interview.
WL
W1LL
Surprised Piers & Susanna suddenly are so outraged around swearing given one of the guests yesterday was swearing away like a trooper without much if any apology from those two. I'm assuming the fact that yesterday's guest was one of Piers's pals played no part in that at all.

The overwhelming sense I get is that GMB will go to whatever lengths to have its daily viral moment. An interview with Giuliani was never going to go well and be a reasonable interview.

The awkward thing is it’s quite clear Giuliani said ‘stuffed up’ and not what they thought he said.
DW
DavidWhitfield
The overwhelming sense I get is that GMB will go to whatever lengths to have its daily viral moment.

Yep, and this is today's. Doesn't matter that it was an utterly useless interview where nothing of note was imparted to the viewers, that's not what matters. People will be tweeting about it, so, job done as far as GMB are concerned.
MA
Markymark

The awkward thing is it’s quite clear Giuliani said ‘stuffed up’ and not what they thought he said.

They're hearing what they think they want to hear ! Done properly and calmly Giuliani's interview would have been akin to 'shooting fish in a barrel'.

The show's other presenters need to get inside some sort of career saving escape pod, and jettison themselves PDQ.

Still that said, it passes the time while Mrs Markymark faffs about in the bathroom every morning.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Which is exactly why ministers are not going on the show.

Piers forcefully asks them an unanswerable emotive question, minster squirms, viral clip, job done.
BE
Benwright
Kate Garraway is doing a live interview with Ben and Ranvir tomorrow, regarding her husband Derek. Hopefully she has some good news!
Ben Shatliff, JamesWorldNews and ASR gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Kate Garraway

Josh, watchingtv and Barney99 gave kudos

Newer posts