The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today

I wouldn't be surprised if either 9/1 becomes same presenter, with Victoria Derbyshire presenting 10-1 from Studio C, then 5/10 becomes the same presenter. 6 could be paired with 8pm & 11pm bulletins

If anything its more likely it will be 1/5 and 6/10.

There are many presenters now though that they don’t need to hook up bulletins. Friday 6 and 10 is no longer shared (excluding current situation) with Sophie on the 6 and Clive on the 10. Can’t see George doing the 10 or Sophie doing the 5 if on the 1 etc. There’s no need either, generally if Huw isn’t in its Ben on the 5 and Clive or Sophie on the 10.

I know I’m just saying if there are redundancies (hopefully not because it’s not very nice) then presenters doubling up on bulletins could be the way forward.
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today
Another thing I have noticed is that say Huw’s out being used for the 5/6 and 10 - the studio presenter is different for the 5, 6 and 10. I recall a while back it being someone for the 5 and the same person for the 6 and 10.

I wouldn't be surprised if either 9/1 becomes same presenter, with Victoria Derbyshire presenting 10-1 from Studio C, then 5/10 becomes the same presenter. 6 could be paired with 8pm & 11pm bulletins

Carrie Gracie and Rebecca Jones has occasionally presented the 5 but aren't senior enough for the 10
JF
JF World News (previously JPF) West Country (East) Points West

Carrie Gracie and Rebecca Jones has occasionally presented the 5 but aren't senior enough for the 10

But Carrie & Rebecca often presented 9 on BBC Two and the 1 at weekends/bank holiday's
RN

I am talking about the main presenter of each bulletin sharing bulletins, for example Ben on 1 & 5, or Sophie on 6 & 10. Obviously there are relief presenters like Rebecca and Carrie which are different for each news programme.
IT
itsrobert Founding member Granada North West Today

But Carrie & Rebecca often presented 9 on BBC Two

There's a bit of a difference, though, between 9am on BBC Two, when most people are at work, and the main flagship BBC One bulletin at 10pm!
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Ben Brown still seems to be the go to man to send around the UK. Haven’t seen Reeta do any OB to my memory and I can only ever remember Sophie/Fiona being at Downing St or Westminster.

Last years 10 was very frequently Huw in Westminster and Clive in the studio. In recent years there haven’t really been many foreign affairs leading bulletins.

Reeta has. She did the 10 on location back in January (on the day the short titles went live).

NE
Newsroom
PLEASE all stop with the fantasy predictions of BBC rotas! The majority of you play 'age' as a big part....

NOBODY has any idea of what's ahead so these posts are speculation and fantasy!

Huw Edwards, Fiona Bruce, Sophie Raworth NO MATTER their age are not going anywhere soon.

Please stop.
all new Phil and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
RN
Oh, you know, I don't really see the point of us all speculating about this. It's all in the hands of BBC management who I'm sure are well equipped and paid enough to deal with the cutbacks and will know what decisions to make and when. They know what they are doing.
RN
Ben Brown still seems to be the go to man to send around the UK. Haven’t seen Reeta do any OB to my memory and I can only ever remember Sophie/Fiona being at Downing St or Westminster.

Last years 10 was very frequently Huw in Westminster and Clive in the studio. In recent years there haven’t really been many foreign affairs leading bulletins.

Reeta has. She did the 10 on location back in January (on the day the short titles went live).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o56FgKN0HA8

She's also done the One from Westminster during Brexit a couple of times about a year/year and a half ago.
JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o56FgKN0HA8

She's also done the One from Westminster during Brexit a couple of times about a year/year and a half ago.

Simon's regularly presented from Downing Street as well. Think he's the main choice for OBs from Westminster for the One/Afternoon Live
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
Never saw the point of those OBs for Afternoon Live - it was 15 minutes of the Westminster story then 45 minutes of other stuff.
DH
DH33 Granada North West Today
First newsreader I've seen have a haircut since lockdown.

Shaun ley has had a haircut

Newer posts