TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
I don't think it matters so much as to "how far back" they'll go. It'll depend entirely on what'll appeal to their viewers, and CC do appear to aim a lot more at the younger MTV-esque crowd than Paramount did.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
kez19 posted:
does anyone have a screencap of what the graphics look like on the main channel playing videos?

From MTV+ Germany, with the same colourings

and two spin offs...

TV
TVVT
I assume MTV+ is their (part time) +1 channel?
PF
PFML84
Yes, MTV+ is essentially MTV+1 and shares a stream with Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon broadcasts between 4:00am - 7:15pm and MTV+ broadcasts between 7:15pm - 4:00am

The majority of shows on Nickelodeon Germany are broadcast with English audio and the channel is FTA, same goes for Nickelodeon Austria though it is 24/7 and broadcasts a different schedule to Germany.

Deluxe Music is the only other FTA music channel and their content is also mostly uncensored and they also don't crop videos like UK channels do, so their 4:3 videos go out that way and aren't a distorted blocky mess. They have a great range of 70's/80's/90's music as well as modern tunes all in one channel.
KU
Kunst
MTV+ is MTV Germany one hour later, but some corrections:
the channel does not start at 19:15 CET but at 20:15 CET local time, which corresponds to the start of their prime time, traditionally after the 8pm Tagesschau on ARD

It shares its frequency with Nickelodeon Germany, true, but Nickelodeon Austria and Nickelodeon Switzerland too run round the clock.
Nick Switzerland and Nick Austria are now the same "channel" (Austria used to get a advert-localised version of Nick Germany, but it's been unified with Switzerland), the only difference is the adverts, and the audio announcements on Nick Switzerland (and maybe some dubs, I don't know), which are in Swiss German, which is a "dialect" of German, not just an accent

The recent MTV+ launch (replacing Nick at Night 8:15pm block) is because now MTV Germany gets poor ratings, due to only recently having moved back to free TV after a rather long (unsuccessful) switch to pay TV.
Had MTV Germany not been behind a paywall between 2011-2017, we would probably not need a MTV+ channel in Germany, but it's a move in order to increase audience
PF
PFML84
I meant 7:15pm GMT, I localised the time but forgot to specify that. For UK viewers, it would be 7:15pm and not 8:15pm.
CO
commseng
Do you mean 7:15 GMT or BST?
KE
kez19
kez19 posted:
does anyone have a screencap of what the graphics look like on the main channel playing videos?

From MTV+ Germany, with the same colourings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAIGLQRW0is

and two spin offs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z72hMs9zjS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe2X80t_YzM

Maybe going to be a bit controversial here but why does the main MTV channel have "different" graphics for its song titles than the others?, Would it not have been better they we're all aligned? MTV UK has OMG/Club MTV with upgraded titles and more fitted to screen meanwhile the others haven't moved into the same style?

*apologies in late reply currently restricted....
KE
kez19
I don't think it matters so much as to "how far back" they'll go. It'll depend entirely on what'll appeal to their viewers, and CC do appear to aim a lot more at the younger MTV-esque crowd than Paramount did.

Thats one other thing I will never understand with CC is the films they put on .... some seem irrelevant to the channels genre, surprised they don't air films like Saw/Final Destination i'm sure viewers will get a laugh out of that...

Regarding comedies they'll probably never air again:
Married With Children
Frasier(?)
Rab C Nesbitt
Monty Python
Seinfeld(?)
Last edited by kez19 on 4 June 2020 8:32pm
GH
Ghost
kez19 posted:

Thats one other thing I will never understand with CC is the films they put on .... some seem irrelevant to the channels genre, surprised they don't air films like Saw/Final Destination i'm sure viewers will get a laugh out of that...

I once saw Oliver being aired one afternoon. Very bizarre.
GH
Ghost
Just spotted that MTV is also airing music on Fridays at 7pm.
KE
kez19
Ghost posted:
kez19 posted:

I once saw Oliver being aired one afternoon. Very bizarre.

Starship Troopers has been on there too, Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill are another 2 which have appeared on CC, yet I can't fanthom where is the "comedy"?

Newer posts