The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
Found this quite funny... was looking to find something out and saw this. Moaning about not having the same presenters all in one day. The shock the future holds...

https://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/bbc-news-monday-20th-june-2005-16520/
RN
Rolling News Recently warned Central (East) East Midlands Today
Found this quite funny... was looking to find something out and saw this. Moaning about not having the same presenters all in one day. The shock the future holds...

https://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/bbc-news-monday-20th-june-2005-16520/

I do enjoy reading some of the old threads on here, some of the comments crack me up.
CM
Clive might have been dispatched to America by the looks of things. Has any other presenter been sent out for World?

RN
No, Clive just reporting on the situation from London.
CM

Ah. Good to see him reporting though.
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
The USA has 14-day isolation in place for arrivals from the UK, so it's unlikely that the BBC would be sending anyone out there, especially when they have correspondents in the US already.
Tennis on telly | Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
RN

Ah. Good to see him reporting though.

It is. I suppose he would run the risk of having to quarantine for 14 days if he was despatched to America. Then he would have to do it again when returning to the UK.
JL
JamesLaverty1925 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I don't think we'll be seeing any location based presenting for a while yet, especially abroad with Quarantine
RN
I don't think we'll be seeing any location based presenting for a while yet, especially abroad with Quarantine

This must be the longest period the whole of BBC News has gone without sending anchors on location for about 20 years!
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
I think you’re right. Even to domestic situations. (Katty Kay, Laura Trevelyan and the occasional returning Jane O’Brien are US based anchors and they also haven’t been deployed on-location during either of the two big stories. As you said, London based anchors can’t travel due to quarantine requirements inbound USA).

I think we did see Sophie Raworth and Clive Myrie dispatched to Downing Street in the early days of the Covid response. But that has also stopped. Perhaps more of a function of the story having developed into routine* as opposed to deciding not to send anchors out to cover.

* not that a pandemic is “routine”, but you get my drift.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
CM
I think you’re right. Even to domestic situations. (Katty Kay, Laura Trevelyan and the occasional returning Jane O’Brien are US based anchors and they also haven’t been deployed on-location during either of the two big stories. As you said, London based anchors can’t travel due to quarantine requirements inbound USA).

I think we did see Sophie Raworth and Clive Myrie dispatched to Downing Street in the early days of the Covid response. But that has also stopped. Perhaps more of a function of the story having developed into routine* as opposed to deciding not to send anchors out to cover.

* not that a pandemic is “routine”, but you get my drift.

On the 6 and 10 this year - unless you count Clive in Australia (although he seemed to only file reports rather than live link) I can’t think of a single time in 2020 where it’s been anchored out of studio. Compared to 2019 when it was probably more often out of studio than in Rolling Eyes
CM
The most pointless OB I remember is when they sent Ben Brown to a bridge on the M4 to talk about snow. It was -3 ish that day as well.

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic