The Newsroom

South West England & CI Thread

Justin Leigh to leave the BBC (January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
ITV News West Country have returned to their separate East/West 18:00 bulletins from today.

They've been dong them for weeks now! Only seen news for Devon and Cornwall and the SW opt for weather since mid-May.

24 days later

BA
Ballyboy
Jemma Woodman from inside out south west presenting tonight’s spotlight late bulletin. Must be her first. I remember her from westcountry live
LL
London Lite Founding member
Jemma Woodman from inside out south west presenting tonight’s spotlight late bulletin. Must be her first. I remember her from westcountry live

Inside Out team members have been working on the regional bulletins instead since the programme was shelved for their autumn series.
BA
Ballyboy
It would be good to see Richard bath return again.presenting the 6pm with his signature “hello there”. prob retired somewhere

19 days later

ST
South Today
Jemma Woodman on Spotlight lunchtime bulletin duty today. I wonder if she will be back at 6.30 for the main edition.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
Jemma Woodman on Spotlight lunchtime bulletin duty today. I wonder if she will be back at 6.30 for the main edition.

No. Justin on at 6.30pm.
ST
South Today

No. Justin on at 6.30pm.

Indeed good closing line... ''Make sure you come back again at 6.30''. Can we really see Spotlight going solo?!
ST
South Today
Jemma presenting her first main edition of Spotlight tonight. She looked amused at David’s famous cheeky wave at the end of programme.

23 days later

JT
JamesTV
Noticed that the lower thirds on Spotlight say "BBC News" now, rather than "BBC Spotlight". Not sure how long this has been the case, and whether any other regions are doing this too.

They also seem to be trying out some different presentation areas around the studio, such as the screens, as well as more regular use of the sofa area.
MA
Meridian AM
Noticed that the lower thirds on Spotlight say "BBC News" now, rather than "BBC Spotlight". Not sure how long this has been the case, and whether any other regions are doing this too.

They also seem to be trying out some different presentation areas around the studio, such as the screens, as well as more regular use of the sofa area.

Spotlight lower thirds have said BBC News for a few weeks now. I noticed it a while ago, while surfing the regions on Sky.

The BBC regions' opening titles show the names of some of the towns their programme covers. But I notice that BBC West Midlands says 'MIdlands Today' where the other regions have the town names. Is there a reason for this difference?
BA
Ballyboy
It’s happened for special editions. but to be honest I’m not sure
ST
South Today

Are we ever going to see Justin, Victoria and David reunited in the studio?

Newer posts