TV Home Forum

Duncanville in the UK

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CC
CCFG
Has C4 gave up on Duncanville? It hasn't been on there schedules since April or May. And it also isn't on E4. Maybe they just dropped it? Maybe Sky got first-run-rights? Who knows.
AS
Ash101
All episodes have expired off of All4 too, do we know how many episodes aired?

I don’t think it helped the slot it was given.

But, it also looks like the US airdates have a month gap between eps 6 & 7, so I wonder if the UK airings caught up.
HD
HybridDaDink
All episodes have expired off of All4 too, do we know how many episodes aired?

I don’t think it helped the slot it was given.

But, it also looks like the US airdates have a month gap between eps 6 & 7, so I wonder if the UK airings caught up.

They got to episode 5, I think.
TV
TVVT
It seems that Duncanville isn’t returning to C4 next Friday, with it’s slot being used for “Sex in Lockdown”.
KE
kez19
TVVT posted:
It seems that Duncanville isn’t returning to C4 next Friday, with it’s slot being used for “Sex in Lockdown”.

I just thought to look on E4 for the same night (curious) but nothing there either, was in case Channel 4 may have shifted it over...

I mentioned this before but Episode 6 is still highlighted on All 4 (with the rest), it would help if they removed episode 6 if its not aired yet let alone its unavailable to watch either...
TV
TVVT
Fantasy scheduling ahead, but they could use the 9:30 Thursday slot on E4 (currently Rick and Morty reruns) for Ducanville, making everything between 9pm and 11pm new. Less likely is a (edited) run at 6pm on Channel 4 between Wednesday-Friday followed by The Simpsons.
HD
HybridDaDink
I don't know why they premiered the episodes at like 10:30pm or something. It seems pretty tame from the first 5 episodes. The only 'swear word' that heard was 'dick' and references to virginity, erection and strip clubs. CH4 allow strip clubs references in the Simpsons at 6pm so I think Duncanville should be at least 9pm like you said.
TV
iloveTV1
TVVT posted:
Fantasy scheduling ahead, but they could use the 9:30 Thursday slot on E4 (currently Rick and Morty reruns) for Ducanville, making everything between 9pm and 11pm new. Less likely is a (edited) run at 6pm on Channel 4 between Wednesday-Friday followed by The Simpsons.

6.30 would be better because then simpsons would be in the same slot each day.
TV
TVVT
6pm would allow Simpsons viewers to be introduced to the show while not removing it completly.
AA
Amber Avenger
It'd be quite the move from C4 to remove or move dependable 30 year hit The Simpsons for a cartoon barely into its first season. I imagine the first season will get a complete run/burned off on E4 later in the year.
TL
toby lerone 2016
It'd be quite the move from C4 to remove or move dependable 30 year hit The Simpsons for a cartoon barely into its first season. I imagine the first season will get a complete run/burned off on E4 later in the year.

A move to E4 probably seems more likely to sit alongside Rick & Morty, Harley Quinn and Adult Swim programming. As much as people slag the Simpsons the 5 episodes at 6pm are constantly in Channel 4 top 30 programmes per week so can't see them moving that from 6pm.
WH
what
Not to knock them, but when repeats of nearly 40 year old episodes of an animated series are rating better than most of the shows they produce today, maybe that’s a sign they need to put more effort/money into their content.

Newer posts