The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Although in footage of Dominic Raab walking into Broadcasting House this morning accompanied by a broadcast crew there is no way they were all 2m apart.
MA
Markymark
Although in footage of Dominic Raab walking into Broadcasting House this morning accompanied by a broadcast crew there is no way they were all 2m apart.

Not many are, it's madness, from all the shots I've seen this weekend. The event at Durdle Door in Dorset yesterday was a major facepalm moment in itself . We're headed for a massive second peak I fear
Stuart, what and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
CU
Custard56
Highest ever viewing figures for Good Morning Britain yesterday. BBC Breakfast nowhere to be seen and rapidly becoming the second-rated breakfast show.
DO
dosxuk
Are you living in some sort of parallel universe?
JO
Jonwo
Are you living in some sort of parallel universe?

I’m still waiting for Naga’s move to GMB and Emily Maitlis to quit Newsnight to join her.....
AN
Andrew Founding member
Highest ever viewing figures for Good Morning Britain yesterday. BBC Breakfast nowhere to be seen and rapidly becoming the second-rated breakfast show.

"Fake news" as someone once said
CH
chris
For clarity: GMB did have its highest ever viewing figures, but BBC Breakfast is still outdoing the programme by some margin.
JO
Joe
I ran my fastest ever mile yesterday. Usain Bolt was nowhere to be seen and I'm rapidly becoming the fastest runner alive.
JA
JAS84
You're becoming The Flash? Wink
DV
DVB Cornwall
Martin Geissler temporarily exits Pacific Quay for Media City tomorrow....

Toasty603 and Custard56 gave kudos
AS
AlexS
Martin Geissler temporarily exits Pacific Quay for Media City tomorrow....

I suppose it makes a change from a London based presenter, but it really was time that Sunday breakfast was either scrapped, moved to a location that has enough local presenters or went single headed with Roger, Rachel and Sally alternating.
SW
Steve Williams
Sorry for the filming-the-screen nature of this, but I assumed this thread would be all over this...

AlexS posted:
I suppose it makes a change from a London based presenter, but it really was time that Sunday breakfast was either scrapped, moved to a location that has enough local presenters or went single headed with Roger, Rachel and Sally alternating.

I don't understand this, really. When MOTD is on the 8am hour of Breakfast is pretty much always the highest rated hour of the week on the News Channel, so there's clearly no need to scrap it. And why would it be any better in another location? You may have extra presenters on hand - although there are certainly plenty around Salford including the entire North West Tonight presentation team - but then you'd need to have an entirely different production team from the one that's already working six mornings a week.

It's a bit of a stretch to go from someone standing in on Breakfast for one day from another part of BBC News, to saying it needs to be scrapped.

It's surely no different to people from regional news programmes presenting the ITV News, which they often do, and they have far fewer bulletins.
AndrewPSSP, Custard56 and BBI45 gave kudos

Newer posts