TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
This Is Granada
Channel 5 up to their usual tricks again next Sunday 7th June at 7:15pm..... another aldi doco!

Aldi: Secrets of the billion dollar discounter.

How many more Aldi 'secrets' can there be?? We've already had at least 3 other aldi docs on C5 previously...

Inside Aldi: Britains biggest budget supermarket
Aldi Vs Lidi: Supermarket wars
Inside Aldi at Christmas

No doubt next sundays doc is the previous three chopped up, new voiceover, a random new scene here and there, and the previous talking heads talking about the same thing over again as per the three other docos.

I really wish Ofcom would crack down on all this rebadging of previously aired programmes.

At least thet are not claiming it to be 'new' on the epg...about the only positive thing to say regarding this programme.
KE
kernow
Channel 5 up to their usual tricks again next Sunday 7th June at 7:15pm..... another aldi doco!

Aldi: Secrets of the billion dollar discounter.

How many more Aldi 'secrets' can there be?? We've already had at least 3 other aldi docs on C5 previously...

Inside Aldi: Britains biggest budget supermarket
Aldi Vs Lidi: Supermarket wars
Inside Aldi at Christmas

No doubt next sundays doc is the previous three chopped up, new voiceover, a random new scene here and there, and the previous talking heads talking about the same thing over again as per the three other docos.

I really wish Ofcom would crack down on all this rebadging of previously aired programmes.

At least thet are not claiming it to be 'new' on the epg...abour the only positive thing about this whole thing!

According to Digiguide, it's a repeat (rather than a repackaged programme), and looks like a repeat of Inside Aldi: Britain's Biggest Budget Supermarket (based on the programme description being identical), which has just been renamed in the listings.
:-(
A former member
I noticed one show in this week’s Radio Times (it may even have been this), the description actually mentioned that it was a re-edit of a prior programme.
BR
Brekkie
Radio Times have often listed programmes as a "revised repeat". I just don't get who a show airing under it's third of fourth name is supposed to appeal too - surely the most likely audience is the people who've seen it before, and as soon as they realise that they tune out anyway.
YO
yogibarney
Channel 5 up to their usual tricks again next....

At least thet are not claiming it to be 'new'...

Sadly this is the not the case with the Paddington Station 24/7 which according to Virgins guide is Series 4 but what I’ve seen of it so far is everything from series 3 re edited into “seasons” i.e Spring, Summer, Autumn with the occasional new scene that wasn’t in the series 3 episodes

Traffic Cops have also re appeared as new but again appear to be North Yorkshire episodes re edited with some new bits but mostly old stuff with new links or voiceovers from Jamie Theakston.

The episode last Wednesday had a voiceover where he narrated “across Yorkshire and Derbyshire” indicating they are probably going to be reusing stuff they recorded from various series that was done across North and West Yorkshire since it’s switch to channel 5 along with last series or two which was following Derbyshire
Last edited by yogibarney on 1 June 2020 8:58am
BK
bkman1990
Has Channel 5 got any plans to show a Thomas & Friends tribute for Michael Angelis on Milkshake after his death on Saturday?
JO
Jon
Has Channel 5 got any plans to show a Thomas & Friends tribute for Michael Angelis on Milkshake after his death on Saturday?

Do you think the target audience would appreciate pertinence of such a broadcast?
BR
Brekkie

Knowing C5 they'll probably reair it as "Tommy & Mates".
KE
kernow

Knowing C5 they'll probably reair it as "Tommy & Mates".

Then again as "Tom & Pals"
Rexogamer, Brekkie and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
Josh
As Channel 5 is a Viacom channel, despite being British and not American, it's worth noting this:

All of the ViacomCBS channels in the USA went off air for 8 minutes and 46 seconds in support of Black Lives Matter today.

WH
what
Did Channel 5 or any of ViacomCBS’ UK channels participate?
GM
Gary McEwan
what posted:
Did Channel 5 or any of ViacomCBS’ UK channels participate?

Didn't notice anything when I was watching Police Interceptors.

Newer posts