TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread.

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
How can +1 be 24 hours when the main channel isn't? I assume Together broadcasts 24 hours on Sky - they need to swap the main channel and +1 on Freeview.
EJ
EJNutz Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
TVVT posted:
Together TV is now only broadcasting from 10pm to 7am, with most of the schedule being their sex shows. A bad move IMO. +1 continues for 24 hours.

This is only a temporary move and will be back to normal transmission hours in June

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/temporary-freeview-cut-for-together-tv.html
MI
TheMike Central (East) East Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:
How can +1 be 24 hours when the main channel isn't? I assume Together broadcasts 24 hours on Sky - they need to swap the main channel and +1 on Freeview.

Together uses donated airtime from Arqiva.

Temporarily, there's no room on COM5 for the full service until dual transmissions of channels that have recently switched multiplexes have ended. COM5 filled up when 4Music and 4seven moved over, but Sony Movie's simulcast didn't end.
Together have described it as "engineering work" on the multiplex.

Swapping with the +1 is not viable, as COM8 has lower coverage: as with PBS America+1, the +1's are effectively thrown in to carriage agreements as low value placeholder channels until COM7 and 8 are eventually switched off, which will happen (1) when whoever wins the auction for the relevant frequencies wants to use the 700MHz 5G central section for data, or (2) if the 5G operators in the adjacent downlink/uplink frequencies say COM7 and 8 are interfering with their 5G networks (if sooner than point 1).
MI
TVVT posted:
Together TV is now only broadcasting from 10pm to 7am, with most of the schedule being their sex shows. A bad move IMO. +1 continues for 24 hours.

This is only a temporary move and will be back to normal transmission hours in June

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/temporary-freeview-cut-for-together-tv.html

Appears it will now be restored on Tuesday because Now 70s is leaving.

I noticed the Freeview app listings previously mentioned 2nd June.

So, there's three slots across COM5 and 6 free once all this dual transmission business finishes. Would nicely fit Forces TV, Now 80s and FreeSports if they wanted to...
HD
HybridDaDink London London
Is it me or do certain channels like QUEST, CITV, Dave, ITVBe, and ITV2+1 have very low resolution and bitrate and then they start to pixelate and glitch?
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
Is Sony Movies moving channel numbers? As noticed on Freeview EPG from next week all programmes have "please rescan" at the title.
"They don't want your name, just your number"
PF
PFMC84 UTV Newsline
It has moved MUXs and there’s currently two running parallel but one is closing soon. So rescan to make sure the correct one is in its normal position and a duplicate in the 700s.
MI
Is Sony Movies moving channel numbers? As noticed on Freeview EPG from next week all programmes have "please rescan" at the title.

Sony Movies on COM5 closes next week. If that's what you're seeing on channel 32, you haven't retuned since they made the move back in April.

Incidentally, despite Channel 4 tweeting yesterday again that viewers would need to retune to keep 4seven and 4Music beyond yesterday, they are also still dual transmitting - going the opposite way from COM6 to COM5.

It appears they are going to get rid of the duplicates all together next week, on the day Together should originally have reverted to normal hours....

Edit: if you're keeping tabs, there will be 3 1/2 Freeview SD slots after this is all done. 1 on COM5, 2 on COM6 and a 12 hr slot on COM4/SDN (which is already empty). A good opportunity to move channels off reduced coverage multiplexes if they are willing to pay for wider coverage.
Last edited by TheMike on 28 May 2020 11:05pm
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford

Sony Movies on COM5 closes next week. If that's what you're seeing on channel 32, you haven't retuned since they made the move back in April.

I did retune back in April. Also retuned just the other day (because of Now 70s disappearing from Freeview, but it's still there)
"They don't want your name, just your number"
MI

I did retune back in April. Also retuned just the other day (because of Now 70s disappearing from Freeview, but it's still there)

In the end, there was no need to retune for Now 70s closing. Inevitably it will trigger another future reshuffle down the bottom end of the EPG, as services move to fill 78 in due course.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Long gone are the days I retune for every channel move or launch - at some points of the year it appears to be weekly often for channels you never even knew existed. Think the last retune I did was when the Winter Hill changes were made for the BBC mux - and kind of wish I didn't as the originals are still broadcasting and much more reliable.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
MI
Long gone are the days I retune for every channel move or launch - at some points of the year it appears to be weekly often for channels you never even knew existed. Think the last retune I did was when the Winter Hill changes were made for the BBC mux - and kind of wish I didn't as the originals are still broadcasting and much more reliable .

Well that doesn't bode well for when the other services switch to lower frequencies after the COVID-19 delay. Time for a new aerial?

Newer posts