TV Home Forum

EastEnders

Kate Oates joins as Exec Producer (June 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
It looks like a model village.
paul_hadley and Josh gave kudos
DA
davidhorman

Also seems Albert Square is more of a rectangle.

It always has been, as is Fassett Square on which it is based (and which is even more not-actually-square than Albert Square).
JO
Joe
Also seems Albert Square is more of a rectangle.

Wait until you watch The Circle.
JO
Josh
Do we know how many episodes of EastEnders are left? I heard there's only 2 more left after tonight.
JA
james-2001
That's Emmerdale you were thinking of, before they filmed the new lockdown episodes.
BR
Brekkie
I think Josh is right - I'm sure they said they'd run out early June.
AN
Andrew Founding member
First we’ll know is when you look in the listings and Monday at 8pm is a Garden Rescue 30 min reversion!
Last edited by Andrew on 1 June 2020 9:54pm
JA
james-2001
BBC website is listing 2 episodes for next week, so there's at least 3 more in the can. Their listings only go up to the 12th right now, so not sure about the week after.

I presume the BBC can handle the show going off briefly more than ITV can with Emmerdale and Corrie as there isn't the commercial pressures. Probably why they're not as quick to return to production.
RN
Rolling News
They finished filming on March 18th, and going by the notion they film 6 weeks ahead, would have took them up to episodes week finishing 1st May. Which by my calculations means the last episode should air on the 16th June.
RN
Rolling News
First we’ll know is when you look in the listings and Monday at 8pm is a Garden Rescue 30 min reversion!

You couldn't beat Ground Force!
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
According to reports today Eastenders will run out of episodes after 16th June.

And as filming is not scheduled to resume will go off air.
IT
IndigoTucker
Even at London prices not sure it would have cost £87m to build the actual properties for real.

As mentioned, the price is for the entire Elstree site. Remember it’s an old film studio retrofitted by ATV in the 50s and 60s, riddled with asbestos, and then sold off cheap to the BBC by Central, who didn’t do much to get them back in operation. Not much in the grand scheme of things to get it up to standards at the minute.

Newer posts