The Newsroom

NBC News, MSNBC, ABC News and others from across the pond

(May 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Mouseboy33
That is almost identical in shape and design to the channel 10 logo in Australia, though as both have CBS connections maybe that isn't a coincidence.

Yeah its a coincidence. CBS has no say so how an affiliate, that is separately owned, chooses to brand its stations. But good eye for noticing the similarity. Thumbs up looking at it on screen makes me slightly "queasy".
WH
what
This is how it looks on air:
BR
Brekkie
I hope the newsreaders redecorated their rooms for the new look.
UK
UKnews

AF
Affi_85
Is the CBS weekend news still being echo red by different affiliates?
LL
London Lite Founding member
I wonder if WTSP had planned to change their really strange 'news' set but with the 'C' word kicking in, they just added the new '10' logo to the existing set.

It also looks more corporate than I'd expect from a Tegna station.
BR
Brekkie

That is very concerning but sadly not surprising.
RK
Rkolsen
Is the CBS weekend news still being echo red by different affiliates?

I haven’t seen any announcements. It was announced that CBS will cover the SpaceX launch and but I don’t know if that’s something they want to farm out. If they do it in DC they might as well keep the crew and staff around to do the newscast at 6:30.

It was worth mentioning that when the CBS Weekend News started it was preproduced/not live and made up of packages that appeared on CBSN earlier with the CBSN anchor recording links. You could see that they recorded it (based on clocks on the multiviewer and in the background) two or three hours before.

Edit : The weekend news will be coming from their St Louis affiliate KMOV.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 29 May 2020 9:24pm
UK
UKnews
In terms of other networks for the SpaceX launch (Take 2) ABC News are putting on a full programme (as they did on Wednesday) on ABC News Live, simulcast on the National Geographic channel. It was a good effort the other night, fairly big production, looked good.

Possibly they’ll break in to the network with a special report - they did that on Wednesday just in time for the countdown to be halted, so that wrapped up within a few minutes, but the programme itself carried on for a while.

8 days later

RK
Rkolsen
A new ticker pushback at CBS. They were reporting that Joe Biden has officially reached the number of delegates needed to me the official democratic nominee for president. I didn’t record the show on my TiVo but I may try something with my cloud DVR to make a recording.

This was what has been used as recently as December, the pushbacks aren’t often used except perhaps after 10PM ET or late nights when significant news personnel are off.

Last edited by Rkolsen on 7 June 2020 1:23am
RK
Rkolsen
Although I didn’t record this off my TiVo, I managed to get the recording from Comcast’s streaming site and recorded it as a screen capture.

OM
Omnipresent
The Huffington Post has run an investigation into allegations about the conduct of ABC News executive Barbara Fedida:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/abc-news-toxicity-thrives_us_5ee3db80c5b684a0c4f2e297?ri18n=true

Newer posts