TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I believe from the article posted here a couple of days back the Bundesliga are offering two feeds - the primary one is as it is but there is a secondary one with crowd effects. Surprised nobody has thought of a third with a virtual crowd.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
GE
thegeek Founding member London London
I believe from the article posted here a couple of days back the Bundesliga are offering two feeds - the primary one is as it is but there is a secondary one with crowd effects. Surprised nobody has thought of a third with a virtual crowd.

You're quite right - I'd managed to miss that article. The cart effects are being offered by the host broadcaster as additional audio tracks on the world feed, so any broadcaster can choose to use them. It wasn't offered on the first matchday after the restart, but has been available since the weekend's matches.
PA
pakokelso Border (Scotland) Reporting Scotland
Incorrect - Sky are doing the "fake" crowd noise and will deal with international broadcasters on a case-by-case basis on providing it to them. Rafa Honigstein confirmed. https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1265329884110487558
PK
VA
valley
Incorrect - Sky are doing the "fake" crowd noise and will deal with international broadcasters on a case-by-case basis on providing it to them. Rafa Honigstein confirmed. https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/1265329884110487558

Yep, this is the case. The world feed doesn’t have it.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
Something else I noticed yesterday watching the early evening kick off - there's two different pitch side adverts going out on the German local and the international feeds.

I thought it was strange the number of non-German language adverts being shown on the far side of the pitch - to the point I was concentrating more on those, than the actually game.

Only on replays did I notice the Germanic language adverts were on the LED boards, rather than what we were seeing during normal play.

It's very clever, as they animate in exactly the same way, and there's no motion blur (unlike the wobbly AR ones we've see on F1 coverage) when on the long shot panning shots.
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
VA
valley
It's very clever, as they animate in exactly the same way, and there's no motion blur (unlike the wobbly AR ones we've see on F1 coverage) when on the long shot panning shots.

It's interesting to see it used on the NFL as well (Supponor do it I believe) with different graphics on different international / off-air feeds.

DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
PREMIER LEAGUE RETURN ....

GE
thegeek Founding member London London
Premier Sports offering La Liga TV free (online or on your Sky box) until July: https://www.svgeurope.org/blog/headlines/laliga-announces-return-with-free-viewing-of-live-matches-on-sky-uk-throughout-june/
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Aston Villa v Sheffiled United - the match we've all been waiting for.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
Read the rationale for the fixtures chosen, it makes sense. If there's another flare and matches need to be suspended again then matches played will be equal.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
Correct. It's been these two fixtures hovering in the background, that has stopped the idea of canning the season before now.

If they did cancel/abandon it, then you'd be pretty sure Aston Villa would start throwing around serious threats of legal action, if they didn't get the chance to play the Sheffield United game and at least try and win the three points to scramble out of position 18 in the table.
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
Jeffmister and tightrope78 gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Euros Rewind has now appeared on the BBC schedule page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jygv/broadcasts/upcoming

Scotland v England 1996 (Sat 6th Jun)
Wales v Slovakia 2016 (Sun 7th Jun)
Yugoslavia v Spain 2000 (Mon 8th Jun)
Ukraine v Northern Ireland 2016 (Tues 9th Jun)
Sweden v England 2012 (Wed 9th Jun)
Netherlands v Czech Republic 2004 (Thurs 10th Jun)
Hungary v Portugal 2016 (Fri 10th Jun)

Newer posts