TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jake-watson
Some sort of crime/ law and order genre channel?
RO
rob Founding member
Tony Scannell, who played DS Ted Roach in The Bill, has died.

RD
RDJ
Seeing promos for a 60th Birthday TV Special for Bradley Walsh next week. Seem to have got lots of old clips of his Wheel of Fortune days and other odd things he's done in the past.

Given he's only really made his name on The Chase, Doctor Who, Coronation Street and Law & Order, it's quite odd to be having a Birthday Special for him in my opinion. But hey, he's a popular figure so why not I guess.
BR
Brekkie
Still no sign of his lockdown series.
JO
Jonwo
RDJ posted:
Seeing promos for a 60th Birthday TV Special for Bradley Walsh next week. Seem to have got lots of old clips of his Wheel of Fortune days and other odd things he's done in the past.

Given he's only really made his name on The Chase, Doctor Who, Coronation Street and Law & Order, it's quite odd to be having a Birthday Special for him in my opinion. But hey, he's a popular figure so why not I guess.

ITV need to fill the schedule and this special probably costs peanuts in telly terms
HD
HybridDaDink
RDJ posted:

I thought he got popular from his songs as well.
JE
Jez Founding member
Emmerdale down to 2 episodes a week from 8th June on Mon and Wed only. The episodes will be the special lockdown ones shown over 3 weeks.
JA
james-2001
You can see they're really determined to keep Emmerdale on air! Those additional 6 episodes twice a week will keep things going until the end of June, when I'm guessing they're hoping more large scale production will be up and running.
AD
adamiow
You can see they're really determined to keep Emmerdale on air! Those additional 6 episodes twice a week will keep things going until the end of June, when I'm guessing they're hoping more large scale production will be up and running.

Such a shame - I was looking forward to them announcing that it was the end of series 1 and series 2 would be starting soon... Very Happy
JA
JAS84
Series 1 ended a long time ago. Emmerdale Farm used to take summer breaks - and missed the second half of 1979 entirely, not returning after the strike until January 1980.

https://emmerdale.fandom.com/wiki/Emmerdale_Farm_in_1980
BR
Brekkie
Think this week is the first time probably since the strikes that the TV mags don't actually know what's coming up "next week", although the lockdown episodes were announced early enough to get a brief mention.

Any news on what replaces the Friday edition - will they move Birds of a Feather to 7pm and Vera (or whatever) to 8-10pm?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Walks with Julia Bradbury is replacing the Friday Emmerdale for 3 weeks.

I wonder if Birds might be a bit risqué for 7pm, what with half the script being suggestive about Dorian’s bedroom antics.

Newer posts