The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MU
MrUdagawa
The government narrative since pretty much Saturday has been to blame the media for reporting the events rather than the perpetrator, and this plays right into their hands.

The response as usual to calling out the truth by the BBC has once again been swayed by the supposed need for "impartiality" where blatant lies are to be accepted unconditionally as truth.

As Christiane says, 'Truthful, not neutral' needs to be the mantra.

AndrewPSSP, AJB39 and Media Box gave kudos
JA
Jake
I hope we get balanced coverage of the SpaceX launch, they might not be flying into space at all.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wouldn’t bother making excuses for the BBC One scheduling today because we all know the next time it happens, the Six will be delayed, as that’s what generally happens. They make inconsistent decisions that differ from one day to the next.

Last year wasn’t there a football match that overran that delayed the Ten even though Theresa May was making a statement, and many argued here that delaying the Ten was perfectly fine. And then a week later the same thing happened, on a much lighter news day, and on that occasion the football was booted over to BBC Two to allow the Ten to stay on time!
CU
Custard56
Why does the BBC shoot itself in the foot like this time after time?

I predict Emily Maitlis will now quit the BBC for Good Morning Britain with her mate, Piers Morgan. Nice work, BBC.
AndrewPSSP, Ittr and Brekkie gave kudos
GM
Gary McEwan

I predict Emily Maitlis will now quit the BBC for Good Morning Britain with her mate, Piers Morgan. Nice work, BBC.

When Emily was promoting her book, did she do any other TV interviews apart from GMB? Don't think I've seen her do many TV interviews.
BR
Brekkie
*** snip ***

*** snip ***

Please familarise yourself with the return key. I think you make some valid points, but posts like this are very difficult to read.
JO
Jonwo

If it didn’t happen with Naga, it won’t happen with Emily.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Doubt Susanna is going anywhere anytime soon and Maitlis won't be allowed to guest present GMB while working for the BBC
MA
Markymark
dvboy posted:
Absolutely ridiculous treatment of Emily Maitlis

About the Six, it's carried on SBS in Australia so I assume has to be made for that contractual obligation.

There will almost certainly be a clause in that arrangement, not least because of Wimbledon Fortnight
MA
Markymark
Jake posted:
I hope we get balanced coverage of the SpaceX launch, they might not be flying into space at all.

I assume as it's a live 'technology' event, it'll simply be ignored by broadcast TV

Anyway live stream on You Tube
https://youtu.be/rjb9FdVdX5I

That said, Laura Tobin on GMB this morning gave an excellent informed report about it. She's wasted on that show.
JA
JAS84
*** snip ***

*** snip ***

Please familarise yourself with the return key. I think you make some valid points, but posts like this are very difficult to read.

I don't see a key on my keyboard labelled Return. Unlike on typewriters, on a computer keyboard, the key to go to a new line is called Enter.
JA
Jake
JAS84 posted:
*** snip ***

*** snip ***

I don't see a key on my keyboard labelled Return. Unlike on typewriters, on a computer keyboard, the key to go to a new line is called Enter.

Macs have a return key.

Newer posts