TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
I was going to post a new thread about this until I wisely decided to read the entire article first being The Sun...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11714831/total-wipeout-return-paddy-mcguinness-freddie-flintoff-no-richard-hammond/

They're NOT bringing it back at all, they're just knocking up a few 'best of' clip shows ripping Hammond out and replacing with Paddy and Freddie... Rolling Eyes
JO
Jonwo
Johnr posted:
I was going to post a new thread about this until I wisely decided to read the entire article first being The Sun...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11714831/total-wipeout-return-paddy-mcguinness-freddie-flintoff-no-richard-hammond/

They're NOT bringing it back at all, they're just knocking up a few 'best of' clip shows ripping Hammond out and replacing with Paddy and Freddie... Rolling Eyes

Sounds like they're testing the waters for a potential revival. TBS in the US has ordered a new version of the show so I imagine Endemol Shine likely want to get more broadcasters interested in reviving it elsewhere.
IS
Inspector Sands
Presumably also a good way of introducing Paddy and Freddie to BBC One
AN
Andrew Founding member
They've presumably seen how fairly well repeats of Ninja Warrior UK has done, as this show is pretty similar

Two blokes narrating it is pretty much the same as the way NWUK has the banter between Ben and 'Kammy' as well.
GO
gottago
Smart way to fill big entertainment gaps in the schedule. They could probably get away with not explicitly saying the clips are best ofs, the show's so old and all you wouldn't remember any of the contestants so many people would probably think it's a new series anyway!
BR
Brekkie
They've presumably seen how fairly well repeats of Ninja Warrior UK has done, as this show is pretty similar

Two blokes narrating it is pretty much the same as the way NWUK has the banter between Ben and 'Kammy' as well.

Well two blokes narrating it is how the format was first done - usually a sports person and a comedian, so a decade late they've got it right.
JK
JKDerry
I have noticed Ireland's Late Late Show have been airing their usual Friday live shows from their main Studio 4 in Dublin, just without a studio audience and with reduced crew. There have been interviews via satellite links and internet links, plus some guests have come into the studio and at a social distance the interview has been conducted.

Could this be an example to the likes of The Graham Norton Show, The Jonathan Ross Show, The Last Leg (which already did a show in a empty studio) or will we be seeing the same lockdown versions for the rest of the year?
VA
valley
Could this be an example to the likes of The Graham Norton Show, The Jonathan Ross Show, The Last Leg (which already did a show in a empty studio) or will we be seeing the same lockdown versions for the rest of the year?

I think we'll move back towards studio shows over the summer. The Russell Howard Hour plans to film a series this autumn but with a significantly reduced audience size.

(Side-note: The Last Leg is currently using TC1's galleries to produce the "from home" shows)
JK
JKDerry

I think we'll move back towards studio shows over the summer. The Russell Howard Hour plans to film a series this autumn but with a significantly reduced audience size.

(Side-note: The Last Leg is currently using TC1's galleries to produce the "from home" shows)

I have enjoyed The Last Leg Lock Down version - I do wonder will they be back in studio, as it all depends on when Adam can get back to Britain.

It would be nice to see some studio shows back, but I predict we will see a lot of these shows with either no audience in the studio or as you say a much reduced audience on set

For game shows - they could put in a laugh track, sound of applause and possibly to a Wipeout with Bob Monkhouse way of putting in a virtual studio audience
BR
Brekkie
They have now added an extra episode - it was intended to run for 4 weeks but a 5th episode will air next week.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BBC Proms plans .....

Mostly archive but planning a live last two weeks in late August and September .....

JA
james-2001
I'm guessing they're hoping by the time we get to the end of August they'll be able to have at least limited audiences in there.

Newer posts