TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
No listings on Sky yet, however they have now been named in the Other Channels...

Don't hold your breath for 'Sky Docs' on the EPG... its SkyDocumntrs and SkyDocmntrsHD
JO
Jonny
Don't hold your breath for 'Sky Docs' on the EPG... its SkyDocumntrs and SkyDocmntrsHD

Is that an Only Connect question?
PL
Plektrum
https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/jaguar-named-sponsor-new-channel-sky-documentaries/1684255?utm_content=buffer1d43b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter+main

Jaguar are the new sponsor.

VA
valley
Are Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries both broadcasting in 2160p?
PF
PFML84
Documntrs is the oddest abbreviation of Documentaries I think I've ever seen.

Considering the folding ident/logo, they are missing a trick by just labelling it as Sky Docs as that is what viewers will see in the ident before it fully reveals itself.
TO
tomo359
When I was scrolling through the EPG I thought there was some glitch and the name hadn't displayed correctly 😂 it looks awful!
NG
noggin Founding member
Are Sky Nature and Sky Documentaries both broadcasting in 2160p?

Wasn't the announcement that their 2160p content would be available on-demand?

I don't think there was a suggestion that they would run SD, HD and UHD broadcast channels (or use their small number of UHD ad-hoc streams to overlay the HD channel with UHD content when the source was UHD - as per Sky Sports UHD?)

Checking on kingofsat there are only SD and HD channels listed on 28.2E for Sky Nature?
DV
DVB Cornwall
All three channels are now available on the NOW TV app (together with Sky News addition)

They're also on the BTTV EPG
Nature SD335 - HD372
Documentaries SD353 - HD368
History SD354 - HD369
(all over the place)
VA
valley

Yes, that was what I thought too but there were some comments on twitter than seemed to claim that the linear channels were 2160p...
NG
noggin Founding member

Yes, that was what I thought too but there were some comments on twitter than seemed to claim that the linear channels were 2160p...

There's no sign of them as 24/7 UHD channels at 28.2 that I can see. They may be overlaying linear HD with a UHD ad hoc channel (as per sport)

I have seen reports of people watching Sky Nature UHD HDR (HLG) stuff - but that's not been via broadcast.
TT
TellyTime
All three channels are now available on the NOW TV app (together with Sky News addition)

The implementation on the NOW TV guide is very odd, ordered as...

Sky Nature
Sky History
Sky Documentaries
Sky News

...above Sky One and all the other NOW TV channels.

Hopefully this is temporary, with them put at the end, or in the same order as on Sky.
VA
valley

There's no sign of them as 24/7 UHD channels at 28.2 that I can see. They may be overlaying linear HD with a UHD ad hoc channel (as per sport)

I have seen reports of people watching Sky Nature UHD HDR (HLG) stuff - but that's not been via broadcast.

Yeah, that's what I've just been told as well. Some ambiguous tweets put me on the wrong track.

Newer posts