TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched

ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Does anyone know when the channels launch? morning, afternoon, or a specific time?

The EPG changes on Sky's EPG normally happen around 10:00-10:30.
SH
Sh1ruba Central (West) Midlands Today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zyrtPfOzc

Apparently this appears to be one of the idents for Sky Nature

Okay, Sky's done an amazing job for this ident! It looks amazing and well suited for the channel.
Hoping we'll get to see a Sky Documentaries ident too
PA
PATV Scunthorpe Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zyrtPfOzc

Apparently this appears to be one of the idents for Sky Nature

Okay, Sky's done an amazing job for this ident! It looks amazing and well suited for the channel.
Hoping we'll get to see a Sky Documentaries ident too

So far from looking at the feed, all they've used is a silent plain grey textured background ident with the unfolding logo.

They've also been using the Sky Two break bumper into the breaks, with a Sky Documentaries one out of the breaks.
“Nostalgia’s cool, but it won’t help me now, the dream is good, if you don’t wear it out.”
TurboLazer, Ittr and Sh1ruba gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba Central (West) Midlands Today
Sky History is here and they've now adopted the standard animate then fade out DOG the other Sky channels use
ST
The existing channels had shuffled into their new positions from about 0500, then History changed. Still waiting for the new channels to slot in, probably by about 1030.

Is this the first time Sky have launched 2 brand new channels and rebranded 2 others all on the same day? They seem to be having a busy 12 months.

I really think that the change to History/History 2 is not a good move. It is such a strong brand, that I remember from back when I first had cable and it was a part-time channel. 'Sky History' just doesn't jump out at me any more than 'Discovery History'. Even UKTV changed their channel from 'History' to 'Yesterday' to grasp a wider audience.
Last edited by Stuart on 27 May 2020 8:03am
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Is this the first time Sky have launched 2 brand new channels and rebranded 2 others all on the same day? They seem to be having a busy 12 months.

No. When Sky Digital first launched, they launched a bunch of new Sky Movies and Sky Sports channels - both had three on analogue.

They also rebranded all of the sports channels a couple of years ago, and all of their channels in 1993, 1995, 1996 and 1997 in one go - didn't some of those also include new channel launches?
ST
JAS84 posted:
No. When Sky Digital first launched, they launched a bunch of new Sky Movies and Sky Sports channels - both had three on analogue.

But they were really just multiple versions of the same thing. There was nothing really different about 'Sky Movies Premier 4' to all the others. The same with Moviemax and the Sports channels.
TG
TellyGB London London
Both channels have appeared on Virgin Media. Channels 277 and 279. Not sure why Virgin haven’t promoted this.
RD
rdd Founding member
Sky are being a bit quiet about this, but it seems some Sky Nature content will be available on demand in HDR for (most) Sky Q customers with UHD entitlement.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/watching-sky-q-in-ultra-hd
PL
Plektrum Central (East) East Midlands Today
Looks like the on demand collection is now being updated - quite a lot of the HBO catalogue as expected but also some acquisitions of recent high profile things like The Brink, The Amazing Johnathan and Midnight Family. Suspect this is going into my favourite channel list very quickly!
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
NOW TV .... No new linear channels, yet. However the on demand section, for all three channels, as with Plektrum's comment above is being added as I write this.
TL
TurboLazer Border (England) Look North (North East)
NOW TV .... No new linear channels, yet. However the on demand section, for all three channels, as with Plektrum's comment above is being added as I write this.

yeah, I see all the new channels have their own categories, and I think you can watch some shows like McMillions right now.

Newer posts