The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VA
valley
A quick look at the Diocese covering Brighton website would track down a CofE minister easily via the online directories therein, they'd get matches of around a dozen matches for Brighton and then choose by Christian names, they'd probably locate in one or two hits.

Alternatively a search on Crockford, the CofE national directory, which they'd almost certainly have a subscription would find him easily.

Yep, pretty easy. I found him by searching on Google within about 2 minutes.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
If the press want to speak to you, they'll find you.
DO
dosxuk
Unless you're a government minister
CM
cmthwtv
If you haven’t seen this, I suggest you do. It’s a brilliant piece of journalism by Clive from the 6 and 10 bulletins. There’s more from him inside the hospital every day this week.

JW
JamesWorldNews
Geez. 😢
MA
Markymark
Geez. 😢

I caught the BBC 10pm news last night. I'm glad this excellent report was top story. The media need to start showing an interest again in the pandemic, and ask the government what are they during to suppress the second wave (that is surely coming). Cummings is becoming a convenient distraction for the government now, the issue is deflecting more important questions about the near future.
NE
News96

CM
cmthwtv
“You’re watching the BBC One News Channel...”
NE
Newsroom
Geez. 😢

I caught the BBC 10pm news last night. I'm glad this excellent report was top story. The media need to start showing an interest again in the pandemic, and ask the government what are they during to suppress the second wave (that is surely coming). Cummings is becoming a convenient distraction for the government now, the issue is deflecting more important questions about the near future.

It was an absolutely stunning piece of journalism. Moving, authentic, heartbreaking and a real eye opener. Although a very shocking and upsetting watch, am looking forward to tonight's and tomorrow's.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Clive Myrie and his team are nominated, and win awards for this 10/10 work.
CU
Custard56
Agree that Clive Myrie's report last night was excellent journalism - and as someone with first hand experience of ITU at the Royal London Hospital, it is a worthy reflection of the dedication of the staff there.
AS
AlexS
Emily Maitlis however completely over stepped during the start of news night last night. While I'd agree that Cummings was wrong in what he did the BBC is not a court so its not for Maitlis to decide whether he had broken the rules.
Charlesy and LondonViewer gave kudos
GM
Gary McEwan
AlexS posted:
Emily Maitlis however completely over stepped during the start of news night last night. While I'd agree that Cummings was wrong in what he did the BBC is not a court so its not for Maitlis to decide whether he had broken the rules.

She was reporting facts though, so I don't believe she over stepped at all.

Newer posts