TV Home Forum

Oneness on lockdown - new idents for BBC One

Split from BBC Oneness - idents and presentation (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
JCB posted:
Remember the days when such an event would result in an ident worthy of five pages of posts within half an hour?

I'm sure you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of the 35,000 families who lost loved one's to this "event" which resulted In idents you didn't like. I'm sure they feel your pain. Stay strong.

I know, I almost thought I'd logged onto a TV presentation forum when I read those posts. God forbid we have people complaining/joking about idents on here. Jesus.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
JCB posted:
Remember the days when such an event would result in an ident worthy of five pages of posts within half an hour?

I'm sure you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of the 35,000 families who lost loved one's to this "event" which resulted In idents you didn't like. I'm sure they feel your pain. Stay strong.

Please learn to read and understand that which you comment on and the context of the post.

"Event" clearly referred to the launch of a new BBC 1 ident.
CH
chris
Josh posted:
Two new idents tonight, Knit club and Choir rehearsal. Both were shown within the last hour.

Remember the days when such an event would result in five pages of posts within half an hour?

There’s not even “any caps???”.
JO
Jonny
chris posted:

Remember the days when such an event would result in five pages of posts within half an hour?

There’s not even “any caps???”.

I remember back in August 2008, sat in an airport in Florida, reading about "two new BBC One idents" launching soon and the embarrassing excitement sparked by the reveals of "Capes" and "Dog Display" (two fab idents of recent years, in my opinion).

The words "Knitting" and "Choir" now don't even warrant a post, or even a jaded "meh". They can't be as bad as what I'm imagining, you think to yourself. Until you visit TV Home and realise, no... they're somehow worse.
BR
Brekkie
TV Home showing the latest BBC1 idents mixed with the latest BBC2 idents just really highlights the gulf in presentation between the two.
CY
cylon6
The crapness of Oneness continues. Slightly more bearable than what went before but BBC1 does look like a **** show.
Ittr, Anglialad and Brekkie gave kudos
CY
cylon6
JCB posted:

I think the deaths from Covid 19 are awful. I also think these idents are crap. Two independent thoughts.

Steve was just saying that when a new ident was announced there'd be excitement on here, like during the circle era. Now under Oneness we know to expect something that won't be great.
MarkT76, DavidWhitfield and what gave kudos
JA
JAS84
I think they've missed a trick in bringing back the circle idents using the coronovirus . . .
Too soon . . . Cool
EDIT: I couldn't find a transparent BBC One logo to put on it.

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/File:BBC_One_2006.svg
AS
Asa Admin
Anyone know what this relates to?

JO
Jon
Asa posted:

Julio Iglesias.
AndrewPSSP and fanoftv gave kudos
JA
Jake
Asa posted:

Michael McIntyre perhaps?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
There is a new programme starting that night Peter Crouch Save Our Summer.

Newer posts