The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
I’d personally do Paddington at 7:50 and EastEnders at 9:30. If they drop Paddington they’ll need filler at 8:00
JO
Jonwo
AJB39 posted:
Paddington 2 is only listed for an hour which is wrong. Somethings gotta give in the schedule later on.

It'll probably be EastEnders which they could reschedule for Thursday
DV
dvboy
Jonwo posted:
AJB39 posted:
Paddington 2 is only listed for an hour which is wrong. Somethings gotta give in the schedule later on.

It'll probably be EastEnders which they could reschedule for Thursday

It'll depend how long the briefing goes on for or if they decide to leave it at some point.
AS
AlexS
Jonwo posted:
Paddington 2 now scheduled for 19:40.

I assume that EastEnders has been dropped tonight.

According to the EPG it’s still at 20:40, which is clearly wrong. Surely they should drag out the news special long enough to be able to make it suitable to keep one episode of Normal People and scrap one?

The problem with that is it isn't long enough to schedule in a 30 minute slot but anything less wouldn't be long enough. By combining episodes they are able to schedule it in a much neater way as it doesn't really matter if the episode change over is a couple of minutes out.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Typical shoddy continuity there, as no notification of what has happened to the billed programme, just that there has been a change.
BR
Brekkie
With this lot a 7pm briefing probably means 7.40pm anyway.
BR
Brekkie
Typical shoddy continuity there, as no notification of what has happened to the billed programme, just that there has been a change.

Possible they don't know and they'll decide if they're showing Paddington based on how long it goes on for.
AN
Andrew Founding member
7:40 Garden Rescue
8:10 Would I Lie to You

Do dropping one programme and adding two never in the schedule, maximum mess as I predicted
GU
Gusan

Do dropping one programme and adding two never in the schedule, maximum mess as I predicted

That's the new EPG. Paddington 2 is cancelled!
JO
Jonwo

I imagine Paddington 2 will air on a Saturday in the next couple of weeks.
AS
AlexS

Right move in the circumstances. It simply isn't appropriate for kids content to air past 9pm so realistically Paddington had to go.
AJ
AJB39
They are also not going to show the whole press conference it seems. Meaning they’ve disrupted their whole evening schedule to show only part of the press conference.

Newer posts