TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today
Whether people find it interesting or not discussing the number of weekly episodes of the soaps, its a topic that causes a lot of debate. If people find it annoying or are disinterested then they don't have to read the posts discussing it, its not compulsory.

I'm guessing breaking confidentiality will be part of a new storyline, I can't see why they showed that phone call otherwise. They never show mundane phone calls like that just for the sake of it.

I've got a feeling it won't got that way. I think it was just a clunky reminder that the rest of her family still exists (and are apparently due to be part of a new storyline in coming weeks).

I don't think it will go that way either - it was just showing she is a caring person willing stay late after her shift to support a neighbour with a child who is ill.

Crazy to think not that long ago mobile phones weren't even allowed in hospital let alone a nurse using one in full view of colleagues and patients! Mind you, on the 1995 episodes it was seen as unusual to have a Pizza delivered as seen this week with The Webster family, and this was less than 5 years away from the millennium!
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Jez posted:
When Oliver was taken to hospital the other night, how convenient that Aggie was on duty as a nurse at the hospital. A bit like Martin Platt in classic corrie always on shift whenever they do hospital scenes. Nice to see Aggie, im surprised they haven't given her the role of practice nurse in the medical centre, nice to see people actually working away from Coronation St, Rosamund St and Victoria St..

Yes it was like a modern day Martin Platt

Also Craig is always called out when ever a uniformed officer is required at a crime scene!
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today
Jez posted:
When Oliver was taken to hospital the other night, how convenient that Aggie was on duty as a nurse at the hospital. A bit like Martin Platt in classic corrie always on shift whenever they do hospital scenes. Nice to see Aggie, im surprised they haven't given her the role of practice nurse in the medical centre, nice to see people actually working away from Coronation St, Rosamund St and Victoria St..

Yes it was like a modern day Martin Platt

Also Craig is always called out when ever a uniformed officer is required at a crime scene!

It makes sense rather than hiring an extra actor to play a nurse or Police officer but always seems very coincidental. Like when someone needs a solicitor they have a choice of Paula, Imran or Adam.

Now Ali has gone we see more of Dr Gaddas at the health centre, we see more of her than Moira on reception and she is meant to be a regular character!
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
That Des Barnes. Tut. He’s a one, eh?

@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives

10 days later

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Colour very muted on today's ITV3 episode. In fact, on pausing the episode I'm either getting a full colour or a black & white picture- is there some sort of fault that means every other field is colour and the other is black & white or something?
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Colour very muted on today's ITV3 episode. In fact, on pausing the episode I'm either getting a full colour or a black & white picture- is there some sort of fault that means every other field is colour and the other is black & white or something?

How weird. When I do frame by frame it's all in full colour, even if the frame I paused it on was black and white. But watching it properly it's in that muted colour.
JA

How weird. When I do frame by frame it's all in full colour, even if the frame I paused it on was black and white. But watching it properly it's in that muted colour.

Maybe it only shows every other field when you watch it that way, and you're only getting the black & white ones?

I'm getting the same though when I watch frame by frame. Do you have a V6 box too?
JB
JasonB London London
Looks like i'm watching scenes from a 'flashback' in todays itv3 episode. There appears to be some flickering too.

What is the date of this first itv 3 episode?
Have you washed your hands?
JA

15/9/95. Not that it probably looked like this originally.

This sort of muted colour is quite common these days though, even on some scenes on the soaps. Emmerdale does it quite a bit these days.
JB
JasonB London London

This sort of muted colour is quite common these days though, even on some scenes on the soaps. Emmerdale does it quite a bit these days.

Here's an upload from a Canadian repeat:

Have you washed your hands?
JA

Here's an upload from a Canadian repeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXCvBn6zUM

Though admittedly seeing as the colour seems to be switching on and off between fields, it wouldn't show up on a de-interlaced video like that anyway even if it had been like that on that repeat.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today

Maybe it only shows every other field when you watch it that way, and you're only getting the black & white ones?

I'm getting the same though when I watch frame by frame. Do you have a V6 box too?

I have a V6 box, I think you misread my post though, I'm getting full colour when I do frame by frame. However sometimes when I first pause it it stops on a black and white frame. I'm guessing the frame by frame on V6 is actually skipping the black and white frames/fields

Newer posts