Mass Media & Technology

Disney+ UK Launch Date Confirmed

JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Especially when the missing Marvel content isn't even Marvel Cinematic Universe related. X-Men and Spider-Man movies, for example.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Looks to me like they're demanding new MCU TV shows get released- WandaVision, Loki and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier... all of whose production got suspended because of Covid, so aren't finished yet (and they won't know when they will be finished) even if Disney+ wanted to release them early...

Last edited by james-2001 on 20 May 2020 9:02pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Looks to me like they're demanding new MCU TV shows get released- WandaVision, Loki and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier... all of whose production got suspended because of Covid, so aren't finished yet (and they won't know when they will be finished) even if Disney+ wanted to release them early...

From the set to the suite to the TV in twenty three seconds or bust. Wink
LL
Larry the Loafer Granada North West Today
I'd laugh if the 4:3 Simpsons episodes are actually cropped versions of the remasters.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I'd laugh if the 4:3 Simpsons episodes are actually cropped versions of the remasters.

Still, could be worse:
JA

That wouldn't be very cromulent.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Are people that thick? WandaVision is the only one of those anywhere near ready. They had a wrap party on March 1st, so it looks like principal photography is done, but it'll still be in post-production and should make it's original December release date. The others definitely won't be happening until film and TV production is back to normal.
MarkT76, bkman1990 and TellyTime gave kudos
JA
It seems the replies to virtually every tweet they made yesterday was like it. They said they'd be making several announcements yesterday as it was national streaming day, a bunch of Marvel fans decided the announcements must have been related to those shows (even though Disney never even implied they were), and have been spamming them angrily because they ended up being about The Muppets, The Simpsons, Artemis Fowl and Phineas and Ferb instead. Not as if there's a shortage of Marvel content on there anyway...

How the hell they expected Disney to make announcements about the release of shows whose productions are suspended with no idea when they'll resume is beyond me.
Last edited by james-2001 on 21 May 2020 2:54pm
MarkT76, bkman1990 and TellyTime gave kudos
TT
TellyTime
5th June for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil now confirmed by Disney+

https://twitter.com/DisneyPlusUK/status/1263394098637045760

The same day that it's on Sky Cinema, so just like with The Rise of Skywalker.
JA
Jake Central (East) East Midlands Today
Dolby Atmos is back on Toy Story 4, hopefully the rest will follow shortly.
GI
Gibsy1 Granada North West Today
Showing as Atmos like a lot of others but can't get it to play with it at my end.
HA
harshy Founding member
Apparently Sky Q box is getting a HDR update maybe Disney Plus will get it too.

Newer posts