TV Home Forum

LNN move to ITN confirmed.

(October 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
It has been confirmed that LNN will be moving to ITN's head quarters at 200 Gray's Inn Road.

My source has told me that Studio 4 (Newsroom Studio) will be the new studio for LNN output. Interesting huh?

More as I get it.
A former member
Thrilling. Do keep us in touch.
NW
nwtv2003
In relation to the thread which started sometime ago about ITN buying LNN if Granada and Carlton merge, which seems to have been given the go ahead, does this mean that ITN have bought or strongly considering buying LNN, or is this just a way of saving money for the new ITV plc?

I wonder what'll happen if they choose to have a background in the new main studio of London Tonight. Confused:
LO
Londoner
Studio 4 will certainly have been used for a wide ranges channels/programmes over the years:

ITV News, Five News, ITN News Channel, ITV News Channel CSO, London Today/Tonight

Any others used it in the past?
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
Newsroom posted:
It has been confirmed that LNN will be moving to ITN's head quarters at 200 Gray's Inn Road.

LNN, just the London news operation, or LNN in total, including the ITV1 and ITV2 transmission operation and continuity announcers?

No use just throwing us the odd tit-bit. We need ALL the details, or don't you quite have them to hand as yet?
A former member
Nick Harvey posted:
Newsroom posted:

LNN, just the London news operation, or LNN in total, including the ITV1 and ITV2 transmission operation and continuity announcers?

No use just throwing us the odd tit-bit. We need ALL the details, or don't you quite have them to hand as yet?

Nick, GO AWAY. I posted all the info I had at the time. If you dont find it that interesting, dont waste time criticising me. I mentioned the fact that studio 4 would be used for LNN output, so you can assume from that I was referring to News. Duh! If I knew other elements of LNN were also on the move I would have included it in my post.
NH
Phew, leave SOME of the toys in the pram, PLEASE.

I just asked a question.

If you re-read your thread title and the first sentence in your first post, you don't say "the news operation of LNN", so it is very easy for people to assume you mean the WHOLE operation.

A bit of a "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster" type of headline, wouldn't you say?
A former member
Hahaha - I like it. Reacts to you, Nick, but not my utterly sarcastic reply at the start. Perhaps the tone of my voice wasn't right?
AS
Aston
I love it on here how people are so easily annoyed with people they've never met.

No really, I'm serious!
BR
Barney Rubble
I read somewhere on this site that LNN now own the studios at Southbank (I thought they were owned by LWT/Granada) and wondered if this is the case and they move to ITN what will happen to Southbank?

Also is studio 4 not the studio that the ITV News presentation comes from?
NH
No, Barney, I'm certain Kent House on the South Bank is still owned by a Granada company.

What the heck that Granada company is called, today, is anyone's guess, however.
A former member
Yeah!, I believe that LNN in turn is owned jointly by CARLTON & GRANADA

Newer posts